Kudos Joel Soriano

He was a disappointment, Pitino was a disappointment, the freshmen were a disappointment, the Ivy leaguers were a disappointment, the excruciatingly close losses were a disappointment, the mid season losing streak was a disappointment, selection Sunday was a disappointment, Ubs attendance was a disappointment, the season was a dissapointment, the team was a disappointment, the program was and is a dissapointment and Mrs. A says that I'm a disappointment. If it wasn't for dissapointment, we'd have nothing at all.
Damn that’s depressing and pretty accurate (although Mrs. A’s feelings sound personal and might be TMI 😉).

Looks like he got into even better shape. Tge lure of big bucks is a great motivator.
If he makes it posters here will be so pissed off 😁

I remember UCLA fans were furious that Love waited until after the season before trying to reshape his body.

Joel might have been far from perfect and I will agree that his level of play dipped significantly at certain points of the season but he was a far more effective big than we have had for quite a bit of time.

Since Robert Werdann and maybe Zendon Hamilton played for us in the nineties can someone give me a shortlist of St. John's centers who were actually better than Joel Soriano?

All I know was that our last really terrific team that got to the elite eight and was beaten there, because SJU did not have an answer at Center for Ohio State's 6' 11" Center Ken Johnson.

IMHO Joel Soriano (with all his flaws and imperfections) was as an effective a big as we have had here in the 21st century.
Lamont Hamilton was first team all big east his senior year although I’m not sure that was deserved. Roberts used to play him and Spears together — the “Twin Towers.”

Back