Key Dates

hnkcolumbia

May 1st - last date to enter transfer portal.

Last day to withdraw from NBA and keep eligibility?

First summer session begins?

Last day for Grad transfers?

First day for summer workouts?

First day for formal practice?

First day of NCAA tournament?

There isn’t a last day for Grad transfers. They can enter the portal any time. The date that most effects them is the last day they can enroll at whatever college they decide to transfer to.

I think there's a new rule where if a player maintains their college eligibility, they can remain eligible after the draft as long as they don't get drafted + let their Athletic Director know by the next day if they're returning to school. So, in other words, there will be a lot of guys begging to not get drafted in the 2nd round.

Head's already spinning on that one. lol

I think there's a new rule where if a player maintains their college eligibility, they can remain eligible after the draft as long as they don't get drafted + let their Athletic Director know by the next day if they're returning to school. So, in other words, there will be a lot of guys begging to not get drafted in the 2nd round.

Head's already spinning on that one. lol
Seems weird guys would risk that. Why not back out if evaluations come up short?

I don’t know, the last pick of the 1st round in last year’s draft got guaranteed 2yrs/$5M. Only gets higher from there.
Good point, but that 25 - 35 projection while iffy to be drafted, likely translates to 1st team / 2nd team all-conference and high Nil$ while you improve your game and likely draft status the next year.
Granted, tough call for a 21 - 22 yr old.

Good point, but that 25 - 35 projection while iffy to be drafted, likely translates to 1st team / 2nd team all-conference and high Nil$ while you improve your game and likely draft status the next year.
Granted, tough call for a 21 - 22 yr old.
Other point to consider is next year's draft is a lot more competitive, so your projection next year could be 45-60.

Other point to consider is next year's draft is a lot more competitive, so your projection next year could be 45-60.
Didn't know that. Definitely makes it a tougher call than I thought.

Bad draw, lol. Back to the gym.
Might not get any better, going back to the gym or not. Guys have been told l, it doesn’t matter if you come out now or next year, your draft ceiling is the same.

Back