Keeping Up With Old Friends Thread

Never get tired of the ubiquitous "with that being said" before the portal line comes. 😆

"Entering the transfer portal" is like walking into an elevator too.

As if the lunacy of this shit needed a poster child. Here it is.
I think we are being hard on him. He was injured all season. He’s not going to get money anywhere, I’m thinking he may just not like being in Southern Utah. Does he need to release a statement, of course not but he’s probably seen everyone else do it.

I think we are being hard on him. He was injured all season. He’s not going to get money anywhere, I’m thinking he may just not like being in Southern Utah. Does he need to release a statement, of course not but he’s probably seen everyone else do it.
Why not tough it out and try a second year at the school. I mean I’m assuming he practiced in a system all year. Now he has to go to a new school and acclimate. And still hasn’t played a minute yet.

Sure he can drop a level but players running first chance they get bother me. Maybe CMA lands someplace and takes him ……..

1982 SJU NCAA team that lost to Alabama at Nassau Coliseum. Great bunch of guys and coaches! Best warmups in NCAA…we should have never changed. No sneaker contracts back then…guys wearing Nike, Converse and Adidas. My first year at SJU View attachment 2462
Fun team, Mullin’s freshman year, he beats UConn in Big East Quarters at the Hartford Civic Center with a baseline jumper right before the buzzer. Heartbreak against Alabama, down one, we get 3 shots in the final seconds, all danced around the rim and out. Agreed, those warmups will never be topped.

The SJU - ALA game was decided the last minute the ref called an offensive foul on Mulin when he put in a rebound but collided with an Ala player going up for the shot in the final minute.
I hate to say it but I had a seat under the basket at Nassau Col. that day and it appeared to be a good call. We could have used Steve Honzo that day. It was a clise call and Honzo never would have called it against Looie.

Back