KB Arico leads Michigan to 1st ranking in 10 years

salty dog

KIim Barnes Arico is providing Michigan with a real boost in her first year of leading the Wolverines.
Michigan, under the direction of first-year head coach Kim Barnes Arico, is off to the best start in program history with a 14-2 record. After yesterday's win over Wisconsin, U-M moved to 3-0 in Big Ten play for the first time ever. The Maize and Blue's current nine-game winning streak is the second best in program history and the longest since U-M reeled off 10 straight during the 2001-02 season.
The University of Michigan women's basketball team earned the No. 25 ranking in the Associated Press Top 25 poll. Michigan enters the AP poll for the first time since ranking No. 25 on Dec. 23, 2002.

I don't believe the article you copied is current as they have lost since then.

They actually moved up in the rankings and are now 23 rd ranked but including the loss tonight to Minnesota have lost
three of four since the 10 game winning streak.

Agreed, they are now 16/5 overall and 5/3 in conference play.
I have no desire to bash Kim at all and I was very sad when she left but just remember she took over a very good team that is now encountering difficulty.
We are in very good hands with Joey T and his staff as is evidenced by the 20-2 run we had coming out of the dressing room at half-time on Wednesday night against Providence and all without our best player.

i hope you're right. kim had us ranked. from your mouth to god's ears that i'm ridiculous..

Never said you were ridiculous I said your statement was ridiculous.

Agreed, they are now 16/5 overall and 5/3 in conference play.
I have no desire to bash Kim at all and I was very sad when she left but just remember she took over a very good team that is now encountering difficulty.
We are in very good hands with Joey T and his staff as is evidenced by the 20-2 run we had coming out of the dressing room at half-time on Wednesday night against Providence and all without our best player.

I am happy with Joey T also and I hope he has success. Remember though Coach Kim had success at Adelphi before becoming head coach.
Joey T has a harder job jumping from assistant. Recruiting is the name of the game and he certainly looks good at that level. However we cannot
forget what KBA did for St. John's nor ignore what she does in the future.

Well we have to ignore what she does in the future as she is no longer our coach, she was not thought highly enough to keep her at SJU.
Having said that she lost again last night to rival Michigan State by I believe 15 points.

is the reason why we lost her because she commands a salary that we cannot afford?

The answer is no notwithstanding what any posters may say to the contrary.

Back