Just 7 Days Away From The 5th Annual St. John's Spring Lake BBQ

jerseyshorejohnny

LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN

We are just 7 DAYS away from our annual St. John's Alumni and Friends BBQ in BEAUTIFUL Spring Lake, N.J.

This is obviously self serving but I can't think of too many (if any) FREE events like this that ANY COLLEGE offers to its Alumni and Fan Base.

Did I mention that it's FREE, FREE, FREE !!

Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Ribs, Chicken, Salads, Fruit, Cookies, and Cake

Beer, Wine. Soda, Water

The following members of the St. John's FAMILY will be here:

Father Shanley

Mike Cragg

Van Macon

Lacrosse Coach Justin Turri

In addition, Men's Soccer Coach Dave Masur and our new Golf Coach Phil Wildermuth will make every effort to drive down to the Shore

PLUS a Magician Will Be here to Entertain Us.

Hope to see you on Saturday afternoon, August 20 at 4PM

Children and Grand Children Are MORE Than Welcome !!!!!!!!!!!

My email is redmen1153@aol.com if you have any questions

Go Johnnies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I mention that It's FREE, FREE, FREE !!!!!!

I will be there. I was in attendance 2 years ago ( I couldn't make it last year). I had a great time and I'm looking forward to it this year.

I am so bummed I can't be there. Kevin, what a great event for you to host and very generous indeed.

We have a family wedding (my nephew) in Jersey City that same day. Truly sorry having to send regrets.

Everyone (especially redmendotcomers and my Johnny text groupers (and Monte)-- that get to go have a GREAT TIME!

So generous of you to put this day together Kevin. Regrettably living in Southwest Florida, precludes my attendance. Hope to come North for some games this year to say hi. Have a great day my friend!

I am so bummed I can't be there. Kevin, what a great event for you to host and very generous indeed.

We have a family wedding (my nephew) in Jersey City that same day. Truly sorry having to send regrets.

Everyone (especially redmendotcomers and my Johnny text groupers (and Monte)-- that get to go have a GREAT TIME!
we are still waiting for your next neighborhood craft beer exchange :)

Got back from Florida today and was unable to attend. Was hoping to go. I’m sure was a great time.

Was awesome time. Great to meet sigep09 billthetruth Otis and ti see JSJ Knight and Darrin and Wendell and others. Just as an fyi first question I asked Shanley and Cragg was about the AC in Carnesseca ( light heartedly ) all I asked was to give me a buzz saw and drill some holes in the roof I’ll do it myself . Other than that it’s not getting fixed but they were great sports about it and definitely approachable great guys. Kevin throws a fantastic party you guys really need to go it’s just an all around great time meeting a lot of great people

Thank you to JSJ and his wife who are wonderful and generous people. It was quite a production that they put on at their home hosting 175+/- people. I am not sure there is a bigger StJ’s supporter than JSJ who has never forgotten the opportunities which St. John’s University provided to him.

Over the years the best benefit of Redmen.com for a non NYC metro resident like myself has been the opportunity to meet fellow St. John’s fans. It was nice to finally meet The Honorables MJ Maher, Billy the truth, Knight, Darin, sigep09, Wendell and others.

My conversations with Pres Shanley, AD Cragg, and Coach Macon confirmed that St. John’s is now lead by experienced professionals who no longer run St. John’s as a “Mom and Pop” operation. Shanley, Cragg and Macon know what they are doing, have set realistic goals and how to attain those goals.

The reoccurring theme in conversations with the St. John’s basketball people was the importance of NIL. I hope that everyone reading this post takes the opportunity to enroll in the St. John’s NIL program whereby you donate $9.99 per month to the StJ’s NIL fund to help our beloved St. John’s be competitive. Most reading this can easily afford $9.99 per month, so please enroll in the StJ’s program. Without a strong NIL program St. John’s will lose out on recruits it could have otherwise gotten. With a weak NIL program StJ’s may also find it’s players transferring out to other basketball programs. This is important.

Last edited:
Also the magician my friends that came with us said he’s the best magician they have ever seen they are still talking about him this morning they were so mesmerized

First pic is nycredmen and red storm rising and myself and billy schaeffer second pic is RSR myself Otis sigep09 and another his friend who is on Redmen the third obviously us with Cragg and Red Suit Guy ( really nice guy btw ) and the last pic RSR myself and Otis

Attachments

• 240DB148-E8FA-47B5-B4EC-402EEA45A216.jpeg
    240DB148-E8FA-47B5-B4EC-402EEA45A216.jpeg
    735.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 17B2A79A-6AEC-4CFB-B4CF-124A5EA72987.jpeg
    17B2A79A-6AEC-4CFB-B4CF-124A5EA72987.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 58
  • FBD342E7-2561-4D76-A498-FA66C4AB85BC.jpeg
    FBD342E7-2561-4D76-A498-FA66C4AB85BC.jpeg
    1,007.7 KB · Views: 62
  • B1425CEB-6D13-4D3F-BCA7-1BC1BB709899.jpeg
    B1425CEB-6D13-4D3F-BCA7-1BC1BB709899.jpeg