Jeter retires after 2014

Brilliant career. Jeter upheld Yankee tradition like no other player who played in my lifetime by his on and off the field conduct. First ballot HOF, and perhaps will eclipse Seaver's vote %. The only thing that will hold him back are voters who do not want to bestow that honor on him. Now comes the long farewell tour. NY Yankees should be happy he's announced it now. They could break their own attendance records as long as the team is competitive, for the one last look at a great Yankee, and a first look for many younger fans. Jeter is the model by which all athletes should conduct themselves.

Plus, he frees himself from having to play with A-Rod again. :)

Brilliant career. Jeter upheld Yankee tradition like no other player who played in my lifetime by his on and off the field conduct. First ballot HOF, and perhaps will eclipse Seaver's vote %. The only thing that will hold him back are voters who do not want to bestow that honor on him. Now comes the long farewell tour. NY Yankees should be happy he's announced it now. They could break their own attendance records as long as the team is competitive, for the one last look at a great Yankee, and a first look for many younger fans. Jeter is the model by which all athletes should conduct themselves.

As a Met fan, I will be happy to see him go.

Actually, I feel that nowadays Jeter is the exact opposite of the Yankees tradition, and that is a good thing. Jeter stands for everything that is good about the game of baseball, while the Yankees represent everything that is wrong about the game of baseball. Mr Jeter was always a true professional, and displayed the loyalty, respect, and work ethic that the Yankees, as an organization, have not displayed in the last 20+yrs. Mr Jeter's tradition is earning success with hard work and development, while the organization's tradition is trying to buy success with a check.

Back