Ivan Kovac

ffastfred

I am trying to contact Ivan Kovac, an old army buddy, who was a starting guard on the '60-62 basketball teams.  Anyone know if he is still alive?  If so, can you provide an internet address or telephone number I could use to contact him.  My email is bridgebum101@gmail.com

Fred M. Lavin post=446688 said:
I am trying to contact Ivan Kovac, an old army buddy, who was a starting guard on the '60-62 basketball teams.  Anyone know if he is still alive?  If so, can you provide an internet address or telephone number I could use to contact him.  My email is bridgebum101@gmail.com
I can try and find out. He’s from my hometown his son was a year or 2 older than me and passed away young. He used to go to the ymca I worked out long time ago when I was in college. I think he scored the first basket in Alumni Hall. I’ll ask some of my friends who were a couple years older than me. Actually some of my friends are friends with his daughter Tara so I can definitely find out for you 

Last edited:
mjmaherjr post=446689 said:
I can try and find out. He’s from my hometown his son was a year or 2 older than me and passed away young. He used to go to the ymca I worked out long time ago when I was in college. I think he scored the first basket in Alumni Hall. I’ll ask some of my friends who were a couple years older than me. Actually some of my friends are friends with his daughter Tara so I can definitely find out for you 
I did a very quick internet search, and there are a number of Ivan Kovacs.    One is about 80ish and lives in Melbourne Fl.   I would suggest a deeper internet dive to locate him.

Mike Maher is like Santa Claus. I always deliver. Ivan is still alive I’ll send you his email I think you have to accept a friend request for me to email you 

Last edited:
mjmaherjr post=446756 said:
Mike Maher is like Santa Claus. I always deliver. Ivan is still alive I’ll send you his email I think you have to accept a friend request for me to email you 

Thats awesome. Great things happen on Redmen.com.

Last edited:

So cool that you were able to help with this.

JohnnyFan post=446775 said:

So cool that you were able to help with this.
Thx and sounds like Fuchsia would have gotten the info too. Glad we were able to help. I'm sure Ivan will be thrilled to hear from his army buddy

Last edited:
I emailed Fred and gave him Ivan’s info abd he responded back so all is good. Ironically his last name really is Lavin :)

Wow, this website is FANtastic!   So many replies so quickly!   I have left a message on Ivan's voice mail and hope to hear from him.  Only question:  What did Mike Maher mean when he said my name really is Lavin?

Fred M. Lavin post=446794 said:
Wow, this website is FANtastic!   So many replies so quickly!   I have left a message on Ivan's voice mail and hope to hear from him.  Only question:  What did Mike Maher mean when he said my name really is Lavin?
our old coach was steve lavin. When you used the screen name I assumed you were using the last name because of him until I saw your email response back to me this morning 

Surely my pops knows him.  He a Cover?

I was friends with Ivan Jr. at Lehigh and was devastated when I came back from break (I forget if it was Christmas or summer) and heard that he had died in a car accident.  30+ years later I still think about it.  My son, who is 20, has had 2 friends almost die in car accidents in the past couple of years.

MCNPA post=446812 said:

Surely my pops knows him.  He a Cover?

Not sure if Ivan senior grew up in Glen Cove but definitely lived there with his family when I did growing up

ShrekII post=446833 said:
I was friends with Ivan Jr. at Lehigh and was devastated when I came back from break (I forget if it was Christmas or summer) and heard that he had died in a car accident.  30+ years later I still think about it.  My son, who is 20, has had 2 friends almost die in car accidents in the past couple of years.
Very small world. Ivan and his Sister Tara were couple years older than me. If memory serves me correct he passed away when I was a junior or senior in high school so thats 1987 or 88. I think it's probably 87 

mjmaherjr post=446849 said:
Very small world. Ivan and his Sister Tara were couple years older than me. If memory serves me correct he passed away when I was a junior or senior in high school so thats 1987 or 88. I think it's probably 87 

Yes it was 1987, I can't remember if it was the summer or Xmas break.   1987-1988 was my (and would have been Ivan's) Sophomore year at Lehigh.

ShrekII post=446867 said:
mjmaherjr post=446849 said:

Yes it was 1987, I can't remember if it was the summer or Xmas break.   1987-1988 was my (and would have been Ivan's) Sophomore year at Lehigh.
I think summer. Because I vaguely remember a lot of my friends getting together at pyrbils beach after it happened in glen cove where we all hung out at night

Back