It could be much worse (SMU schadenfreude)

Della9250

Matt Doherty is not long for the Mustangs. After scoring 39 points on Saturday in a loss to Rice, his team went one better and scored 28 in a loss to UAB on Wednesday.

Those Texas schools will want to compete in this league. They'll likely hire new coaches when the time rolls around.

I think both reopen, but I don't think Blaise would come here. I think Bernardi would think long and hard about it, though.

Unfortunately, the timing probably won't work unless they can him a day after SMU's season ends.

Blaise strikes me as one of those genetic freaks who can go either way in college -- post very nice numbers or never quite put it all together. That said, I think this staff would turn Blaise into a monster.

Always felt Lavin should have signed this kid. Mistake in my opinion.  

6-1 2G who's not ever the leading scorer for his HS team.

Not a star Tom, but he would have filled a need. Kid who can knock down shots confidently. He lets it go, and you think it's going in. How many guys on our roster can you say that about? You put him on the court, and he has to be guarded and respected, could open up the floor a little more for us.

Not a star Tom, but he would have filled a need. Kid who can knock down shots confidently. He lets it go, and you think it's going in. How many guys on our roster can you say that about? You put him on the court, and he has to be guarded and respected, could open up the floor a little more for us.

Dangelo, and he's a 35 minute guy.

Dangelo, and he's a 35 minute guy.

Ahh, not enough. Even with adding Branch, 1 more spot up shooter could carve out role on this team for next year.

Back