Is Rysheed coming back good for the long term?

Rysheed is awesome and I think if he comes back, he'll have a big year. He'll make the team more competitive right away for sure. I just don't know if he's the key to a Big East title or tournament run in what may be a rebuilding year.

I wonder if Rysheed staying another year gives us less of a chance to get Mussini or Lovett. With Pangos graduating, Gonzaga can let Mussini start as a freshman. If Rysheed stays, we're asking a stud freshman to be patient for a year. Why would a guy like Mussini who can play professionally in Europe or start right away for another great programs come here? Maybe I'm over-thinking it, but I can't help but think if Rysheed stays we lose our shot at these guys. Would you rather have Jordan for another year or a solid freshman to start the rebuild with? I lean freshman, but with the moves Mullin is making, maybe this year won't be the complete rebuild we originally thought it was?

He isn't going to the league on a guaranteed contract. Unless he wants to play in the D-League or overseas he needs to cut down on his turnovers and show more maturity on and off the court.

Rysheed staying is best. Makes the team better and therefore other players better. Having Mullin develop a first rounder does not hurt either.

Jordan needs to LEAD this team n Learn from Mullin how much hard work it takes to be a star

this is gonna be a interesting season watchin him become a pro!

Rysheed staying is best. Makes the team better and therefore other players better. Having Mullin develop a first rounder does not hurt either.

That's a good point about Mullin developing a first rounder. Getting Rysheed to the NBA gives him credibility with recruits down the line.

Dick Grayson and John Mar:

Keep up the good work. Sorry about the distractions in this forum.

Hopefully he is getting good advice and listening. Based on his tweets kid seems to have a lot of pressure from friends and family. It is best for all of them if he stays and gets better. A $25000 D league salary is not going to help anyone.

Hopefully he is getting good advice and listening. Based on his tweets kid seems to have a lot of pressure from friends and family. It is best for all of them if he stays and gets better. A $25000 D league salary is not going to help anyone.

agree entirely

Yeah, staying is definately the right move for him. I also agree that he's a D-Leaguer right now.

Hopefully the staff knows what his decision is already so they can go hard after a PG if we need one. If he doesn't come back and we can't recruit a top PG what do we have? Can either Doughty or the Arizona kid run the point? From their videos and how they've been described they seem more like scorers...

Ah. I thought Doughty was the only recruit who actually signed a letter. Although maybe since there was a coaching change, the letter is void? Does anyone know the rule on that?

A Letter of Intent is signed with a school not a coach. Think football and how many coordinators and position coaches there are and how often they switch schools. You can appeal to the NCAA to let you out of it and also most times the school will let you out of it. Most coaches don't want someone who does not want to be on their team.

Back