If you know any of this year's St. John's players, please thank them for me.

otis

Staff member
2022 $upporter Moderator

Yes, I am disappointed by the snub of StJ's by the NCAA Tournament committee, but I wanted to recognize the hard work and optimism which this year's players provided to the fanbase. It was an intense and fun season that ended in disappointment.

A year ago, these StJ's players did not even know one another, but with the passage of time they put their collective egos away and bonded into a very good team by the end of the season.

I am certain that those reading this message share my confidence that the 2024- 25 season will be a success in part because this year's roster established a culture of hard work and focus.

So, if anyone reading this message knows one or more of this year's StJ's players please thank them on my behalf for their hard work.

Yes, I am disappointed by the snub of StJ's by the NCAA Tournament committee, but I wanted to recognize the hard work and optimism which this year's players provided to the fanbase. It was an intense and fun season that ended in disappointment.

A year ago, these StJ's players did not even know one another, but with the passage of time they put their collective egos away and bonded into a very good team by the end of the season.

I am certain that those reading this message share my confidence that the 2024- 25 season will be a success in part because this year's roster established a culture of hard work and focus.

So, if anyone reading this message knows one or more of this year's StJ's players please thank them on my behalf for their hard work.
I second this. They need to know how much they changed the perception and the reality of the program. And how much, after the sting wears off, we appreciate them

Would have liked to have these guys for another season. DJ had an excellent season, especially the second half. Dingle was finally the player we hoped he would be. Maybe the injured shoulder slowed him down and then he got in his own head for awhile. The team could have quit after the losing streak. Instead, they showed a lot of character and grit, winning 6 in a row and staying closer to UConn than anyone else in the Big East tournament. Bitter ending. Feel bad for these guys. They deserved better. Personally, not happy that they rejected the NIT. Really wanted to see them keep playing. But certainly understand.

I too wish them well and hope they invest their NIL money wisely. Do I feel the same about them as I used to feel about our student athletes who played for several years and graduated, not really. One must remember, these are paid professionals that are playing for the money not for the love of the school or anything like that.

Since college sports has become perpetual free agency, the only thing these players/professionals should be judged by is their performance on the court. Do I believe they were all worth the money, of course not. The goal was to make the tournament, they didn’t. And while a few like Jenkins and Ledlum were good investments, others like Soriano were not.

I feel the same as I do about the players from any pro team I root for. I wish them well but have no interest in their future careers from here. Essentially, they were hired guns and we were the highest bidder at the time.

While the intent of the OP was good, as our coach has so stated, college hoops is a big business, no more, no less. Sentimental feelings should be saved for more important people in our lives like friends and family. Now on to the next hired guns.

This was a easy bunch of guys to root for and they gave us some thrills during the last quarter of the season. Wish those leaving success in their future endeavors and can't wait to see 4 or 5 back along with some new talent to leave no room for the Committee to screw us again next year.

This was a easy bunch of guys to root for and they gave us some thrills during the last quarter of the season. Wish those leaving success in their future endeavors and can't wait to see 4 or 5 back along with some new talent to leave no room for the Committee to screw us again next year.
Responding to you but not to 'you'.

Easy bunch to root for but I would love the Greatest Hits version of a game thread to layer over that ;)

As I mentioned when it happened, I have done everything but get down on my knees and beg a SJU team to finish the Big East season with a tournament bye and make the tournament semifinals. That might be a low bar to some but all I know is it was never hurdled. This group delivered, and also delivered some very fun games along the way to get there. I will remember them fondly when they reappear in the "Old Friends" thread.

Back