Georgetown Fans

:$
My visits to the Gample Arena were nightmareish and I was also physically assaulted by being hit in the head by a fan trying to knock my Redmen hat off. I hate UCONN more than any other team because of their obnoxious fan behavior. Cuse is second.
I never really disliked the Hoya program because my dad went there and their fans are never obnoxious. Looie and JT always had a great relationship. I'm glad you had a pleasent experience! 

Physically assaulted??? R u kidding me? If you can't take a little jabbing from the other team, on their home court, then you probably shouldn't be going to the game.

You sound like the type of person that would try to sue McDonalds for spilling coffee on your lap....

If anyone slapped me in the head I'd freak the eff out on them...you can taunt and raz me all you want, howeva, you lay your paws on me its on.....terrible analogy on your part with the coffee

Peanuts, you don't get it, dude. This guy was either high or drunk and took a huge swipe at my head attempting to knock my hat off. The end result was a whack in the side of my head. He was with a bunch of students in the student section on the north side of the stadium. I would have given him a can of whoopa*s had he not been surrounded by about a thousand of other idiots cheering him on and I was alone. I even wrote an email to the president of UCONN but did not even get the courtesy of a reply. Typical of the gutlessness of UCONN.
The remark about the coffee was really lame and stupid. You need to walk in other people's shoes before making lame remarks. Thanks for having my back, rawdog.

Not to condone that type of behavior form unruly drunk fans, but, as my mother used to say, "What did you do to deserve it?" Fans quietly enjoying a game rarely get smacked. IF you were alittle too boisterous, myabe you incited someone's wrath.

You sound like the parent who said what did the teacher do to have my son call him an assh.....

Jack, you sound older than usual. All I'm saying is that most times in an altercation, it takes two parties for it to happen. Greg explained himself and clarified that he was walking out of a runway and some (likely drunk) wise ass knocked his hat off his head. It's hardly an assault, but imbecile bahvior nonetheless.

:$
My visits to the Gample Arena were nightmareish and I was also physically assaulted by being hit in the head by a fan trying to knock my Redmen hat off. I hate UCONN more than any other team because of their obnoxious fan behavior. Cuse is second.
I never really disliked the Hoya program because my dad went there and their fans are never obnoxious. Looie and JT always had a great relationship. I'm glad you had a pleasent experience! 

Physically assaulted??? R u kidding me? If you can't take a little jabbing from the other team, on their home court, then you probably shouldn't be going to the game.

You sound like the type of person that would try to sue McDonalds for spilling coffee on your lap....

If anyone slapped me in the head I'd freak the eff out on them...you can taunt and raz me all you want, howeva, you lay your paws on me its on.....terrible analogy on your part with the coffee

Peanuts, you don't get it, dude. This guy was either high or drunk and took a huge swipe at my head attempting to knock my hat off. The end result was a whack in the side of my head. He was with a bunch of students in the student section on the north side of the stadium. I would have given him a can of whoopa*s had he not been surrounded by about a thousand of other idiots cheering him on and I was alone. I even wrote an email to the president of UCONN but did not even get the courtesy of a reply. Typical of the gutlessness of UCONN.
The remark about the coffee was really lame and stupid. You need to walk in other people's shoes before making lame remarks. Thanks for having my back, rawdog.

Not to condone that type of behavior form unruly drunk fans, but, as my mother used to say, "What did you do to deserve it?" Fans quietly enjoying a game rarely get smacked. IF you were alittle too boisterous, myabe you incited someone's wrath.

You sound like the parent who said what did the teacher do to have my son call him an assh.....

Jack, you sound older than usual. All I'm saying is that most times in an altercation, it takes two parties for it to happen. Greg explained himself and clarified that he was walking out of a runway and some (likely drunk) wise ass knocked his hat off his head. It's hardly an assault, but imbecile bahvior nonetheless.

I said that he was attempting to knock my hat off my head but due to his inebriated (assumed) state missed badly whacking me hard on the side of my head. He and all of his friends were chanting "St. John's sucks!" and my only reply to them was "Thank you!" This incident was at Gample a few years ago.
There was another event during the BE tourney at the Garden a few years ago as well. Nova and UCONN were playing and I had gone with my friend, a Nova fan. He was naturally rooting for his team. Near the end of the game, my friend got up to go use the bathroom and the UCONN fan at the end of the isle in the oppisite section got up as my friend went past and sucker punched him in the back of the head. UCONN fans are just drunken thugs.

I completely disagree. I have had lots of unpleasant experiences with Georgetown fans at MSG and in the bars post game. Usually these come from their snobby and stuck up fans.

They have done chants degrading SJU at every garden game I have been to against them since 2005(cant recall before that). Did no one else hear the large safety school chant from their student section at MSG this year?

In years past when we were beating them I herd them say "were smarter than you" to the group i sit with. To which I use my chant of "Jesuits aren't catholic" back at them.

Also last year in the bar after the game at Stout in the basement a Georgetown fan threw a beer bottle at my cousin(a ND student at the time) and I that missed me by a foot or two. He threw the bottle at us while were had our backs turned to him and were walking out and a good 15 feet away from him. All this because we beat them and about 10 of us were chanting Lets go Redmen in the basement. The owner of Stout ejected the guy from the bar.

Another time in 2009 after what I like to call the comeback game where Rob Thomas has like 20points in a comeback OT win when we were down 20 with 8min to go. Again in the basement at stout one obnoxious Gtown girl said to me well you cant read.. I said I can read a scoreboard and we just kicked your a**... gave my friends a bunch of high fives and left the bar... that was one of my all time favorite games... (to their credit this time i was instigating a bi. Two of the guys i have season tix with went to Gtown law and told us about the Gtown alumni reception in the stout basement, so after we one we decided to crash. We stole a bunch of their food and a few beers...)

Finally the only reason i tolerate the metal detectors for on campus games at SJU is because I love the reaction when Georgetown fans get wanded at st johns lacrosse games. By the looks of them they feel like there going into rikers.

Worst fans for me in the big east:

1. Uconn
2. Cuse
3. Gtown

If "safety school" is the worst thing they do, who cares ?? And you have to admit, we are a safety school.

Rivals always try the rattle their opponents proverbial cage. What else is new.

Notre Dame calls B.C.: Back-Up College (and they are a selective school for most kids, for pete's sake).

Duke students have "tortured" their opponents for years.

It what college kids do. 

I will say this , the rivalry (among fans) has certainly been toned down on a relative basis since the mid 1980's when it was at a fever pitch.

agreed if saftey school was the worst thing than yes so be it. But that wasn't the worst thing they were throwing beer bottles at me... thats bad man

No doubt beer bottles being thrown at you is a bad thing (obviously) but you can't take a knucklehead (a dangerous one at that) and paint all G'Town fans with that brush.

Not to minimize your example but attempting to draw a fair balance between a lunatic and the overwhelming majority of Hoya students and fans.

I completely disagree. I have had lots of unpleasant experiences with Georgetown fans at MSG and in the bars post game. Usually these come from their snobby and stuck up fans.

They have done chants degrading SJU at every garden game I have been to against them since 2005(cant recall before that). Did no one else hear the large safety school chant from their student section at MSG this year?

In years past when we were beating them I herd them say "were smarter than you" to the group i sit with. To which I use my chant of "Jesuits aren't catholic" back at them.

Also last year in the bar after the game at Stout in the basement a Georgetown fan threw a beer bottle at my cousin(a ND student at the time) and I that missed me by a foot or two. He threw the bottle at us while were had our backs turned to him and were walking out and a good 15 feet away from him. All this because we beat them and about 10 of us were chanting Lets go Redmen in the basement. The owner of Stout ejected the guy from the bar.

Another time in 2009 after what I like to call the comeback game where Rob Thomas has like 20points in a comeback OT win when we were down 20 with 8min to go. Again in the basement at stout one obnoxious Gtown girl said to me well you cant read.. I said I can read a scoreboard and we just kicked your a**... gave my friends a bunch of high fives and left the bar... that was one of my all time favorite games... (to their credit this time i was instigating a bi. Two of the guys i have season tix with went to Gtown law and told us about the Gtown alumni reception in the stout basement, so after we one we decided to crash. We stole a bunch of their food and a few beers...)

Finally the only reason i tolerate the metal detectors for on campus games at SJU is because I love the reaction when Georgetown fans get wanded at st johns lacrosse games. By the looks of them they feel like there going into rikers.

1. Uconn
2. Cuse
3. Gtown

Thank goodness, '07. I've been gone for a long time and thought I'd come back to the board of Popsicles & Princesses. Geez...short memories for certain and I live down here with these folks.

1. Uconn
2. Cuse
3. Gtown

Thank goodness, '07. I've been gone for a long time and thought I'd come back to the board of Popsicles & Princesses. Geez...short memories for certain and I live down here with these folks.

I feel for you GoldenLeaf...

1. Uconn
2. Cuse
3. Gtown

I feel for you GoldenLeaf...

Best MSG fight I ever saw was at a BET game between Gtown and Syracuse many years ago. Game was nip and tuck until Gtown pulled away late. then a drunken GTown student started taungtin anyone in ORange. A 30 something guy below him told him shut up, they had words and then the kid just popped him and lept on him. They rolled down over about 4 rows, landing in the seat next to me. Garden Security pulled everyone apart and when the Gtown kid kept mouthing after being told to hut up by Garden Security, one of the Garden Security guards popped him really hard with a short jab to the face. The kid shut up then.

It's all purely based on anecdotes.

I have met tremendous fans from Uconn and every other team in the BE, and Kentucky, Duke, Michigan and many other teams in between. I have met some obnoxious fans from St. John's, Uconn, Pitt, WVa, etc., etc.

I am personal friends and have had great times with uconn, Cuse and Seton Hall fans.

I am not the first to say this: each team has some good fans, some bad fans and many in between. I don't think any one team has the corner on bad fans. If you have met only the bad ones that just means you've been unlucky, cause I have met equally good fans for cuse and Uconn, etc., etc. Some of the nicest fans I have had drinks with at bars during the BET came from Va. Tech and Louisville, who would have guessed. Once night these two couples, who were Uconn fans bought me drinks at Keen's We talked BB for hours, go figure! I had had a great time going to Cuse for the games with buddies making friends, during the Mullin years.

Back