Georgetown Fans

NYCRedmen

So today at the Verizon Center we sat in a G'Town section with mostly old school Hoya supporters. We all wore red and supported STJ. I was shocked as to how classy the G'Town fans in our section were. Not one single negative comment was hurled our way about us or the team. They mostly booed at the refs and cheered for their guys. It wasn't just our section though, the G'Town students also seemed to mostly support their team without going after any STJ player or name calling (unless you count the "left, right, left, sit down" chants when 2 of our guys fouled out). I know this has not always been the case as I have been to other StJ-G'Town games in DC in the past. Granted the rivalry hasn't been the same the last few years with our program having been down but I am sure I would have had a more negative experience if I was at UConn or Syracuse as a visitor.

My visits to the Gample Arena were nightmareish and I was also physically assaulted by being hit in the head by a fan trying to knock my Redmen hat off. I hate UCONN more than any other team because of their obnoxious fan behavior. Cuse is second.
I never really disliked the Hoya program because my dad went there and their fans are never obnoxious. Looie and JT always had a great relationship. I'm glad you had a pleasent experience! 

I don't even recall having issues with the gtown fans (at MSG games) and they generally have a very pretty female population.

Just got back from D.C. 

Was sitting next to a Georgetown grad who brought his friend who is a St. John's alumnus (Class of 1974, now living in Annapolis).

We were kidding him about the odds that he would be sitting between 2 St. John's grad at The Cap Center !

Also met 4 St. John's fans on the train ride back home. All very nice fellows.

My visits to the Gample Arena were nightmareish and I was also physically assaulted by being hit in the head by a fan trying to knock my Redmen hat off. I hate UCONN more than any other team because of their obnoxious fan behavior. Cuse is second.
I never really disliked the Hoya program because my dad went there and their fans are never obnoxious. Looie and JT always had a great relationship. I'm glad you had a pleasent experience! 

Physically assaulted??? R u kidding me? If you can't take a little jabbing from the other team, on their home court, then you probably shouldn't be going to the game.

You sound like the type of person that would try to sue McDonalds for spilling coffee on your lap....

Physically assaulted??? R u kidding me? If you can't take a little jabbing from the other team, on their home court, then you probably shouldn't be going to the game.

I hope you're kidding, right?

I feel like St. John's and Georgetown need each other to be as good as possible more than any other schools in the Big East. We are joined at the hip for the future.

They are going to be very, very good next year...we will too and that is great for all involved. Otto is a helluva player.  

You sound like the type of person that would try to sue McDonalds for spilling coffee on your lap....

Dude someone tried knocking his hat off. In order to do that they are basically slapping him in the head. That's grounds for knocking the other guy fu*king out

This is my second time going to DC for a game against the Hoyas. I, too, have nothing negative to say about their fans. I sat in a "young alumni" designated section and all of the cheering was respectful. I had a great time visiting with my daughter who is at G'town Law---even though she had come home last weekend. I love DC. The only city, other than NYC that I would consider living in.

If anyone slapped me in the head I'd freak the eff out on them...you can taunt and raz me all you want, howeva, you lay your paws on me its on.....terrible analogy on your part with the coffee

If anyone slapped me in the head I'd freak the eff out on them...you can taunt and raz me all you want, howeva, you lay your paws on me its on.....terrible analogy on your part with the coffee

Peanuts, you don't get it, dude. This guy was either high or drunk and took a huge swipe at my head attempting to knock my hat off. The end result was a whack in the side of my head. He was with a bunch of students in the student section on the north side of the stadium. I would have given him a can of whoopa*s had he not been surrounded by about a thousand of other idiots cheering him on and I was alone. I even wrote an email to the president of UCONN but did not even get the courtesy of a reply. Typical of the gutlessness of UCONN.
The remark about the coffee was really lame and stupid. You need to walk in other people's shoes before making lame remarks. Thanks for having my back, rawdog.

:$

Peanuts, you don't get it, dude. This guy was either high or drunk and took a huge swipe at my head attempting to knock my hat off. The end result was a whack in the side of my head. He was with a bunch of students in the student section on the north side of the stadium. I would have given him a can of whoopa*s had he not been surrounded by about a thousand of other idiots cheering him on and I was alone. I even wrote an email to the president of UCONN but did not even get the courtesy of a reply. Typical of the gutlessness of UCONN.
The remark about the coffee was really lame and stupid. You need to walk in other people's shoes before making lame remarks. Thanks for having my back, rawdog.

Not to condone that type of behavior form unruly drunk fans, but, as my mother used to say, "What did you do to deserve it?" Fans quietly enjoying a game rarely get smacked. IF you were alittle too boisterous, myabe you incited someone's wrath.

Not to condone that type of behavior form unruly drunk fans, but, as my mother used to say, "What did you do to deserve it?" Fans quietly enjoying a game rarely get smacked. IF you were alittle too boisterous, myabe you incited someone's wrath.

Ther is NO excuse for physical violence against another fan---obnoxious or not.

Beast, I was simply walking down the isle to go to the bathroom and NOT engaging ANYONE in any way when a UCONN thug reached down over the edge of the tier and whacked me in the side of the head. That's it! Why is it that some people can't understand that the UCONN fan is exceptionally obnoxious as a matter of course. These are frustrated people who have NO professional teams in their state anymore and the only team they have to root for is a college team. If they lost every game in the season it wouldn't be enough for me just because of the demeanor of their fans.

Beast, I was simply walking down the isle to go to the bathroom and NOT engaging ANYONE in any way when a UCONN thug reached down over the edge of the tier and whacked me in the side of the head. That's it! Why is it that some people can't understand that the UCONN fan is exceptionally obnoxious as a matter of course. These are frustrated people who have NO professional teams in their state anymore and the only team they have to root for is a college team. If they lost every game in the season it wouldn't be enough for me just because of the demeanor of their fans.

IMHO, UCONN fans are also the most drunkest (is there such a word?) of all the fans. Believe me, I've seen that so often on my train rides home from the Garden after a PUKON game.

During the Jarvis years The Johnnies fought Pukonn for the BE trophy & their fans showed up at the PlayByPlay
hammered 3-4 hrs before 8pm championship game & tried to take over the bar/resturant.
Well I was with 3 friends who were drinking & eating at the bar when they arrived pushing fans to get to the bar etc.
After 10 mins a couple of them started a verbal war of words & I told Garden security which were 2 buddies
of mine that worked Shea Std. with me,they threw out those 5 drunks & the rest of the Huskie crew shut up fast.
I was laughing like crazy seeing that they paid big$ & traveled 2 hrs to the game :woohoo:

If you ever have problems with a drunk in any arena the secruity should remove them from the game!

Jerseyshorejohnny it was a pleasure to meet you, my friend enjoyed you the conversation. Nice to meet other older gentlemen who have not lost their intensity for their love of team.

though we lost it was an exciting to game to watch and the Georgetown fans were accommodating to my few sudden outbursts.

Hope to meet in the future at SJU event.

You sound like the parent who said what did the teacher do to have my son call him an assh.....

To be honest, that's one thing I like about the NCAA - no alcohol. No alcohol, less chance some kid will do something he otherwise might not do.

Back