Friday NIght-7PM Come out and support the SJU women's team

Went to the game and enjoyed the style of play. They actually run plays with Joe very involved on the sidelines. Glad for Coach Joe and the team getting win # 21 {and Joe his 202 win in 11 years). They play tough defense and are good in man defense. Everett and Bailey carried the offense. Bailey has a wonderful 5 year career and most games by any man or woman for SJU basketball. As it was senior night, Joe is losing a lot and will need to hit jackpot in transfer portal or recruiting.

I envy the women's team, when's the last time the mens team was 21-7 in the first 28 games?
Sometimes you need to give a coach a few years to right the ship. If he coached the men’s team we would have been calling for his head after going 8-15 and 12–19 the last two years.

He’s been there quite a while. Been up and down and usually finishes season in disappointing fashion.
I know nothing about women's basketball, and care even less (except for when my daughter played high school ball) then I know. But a quick check of Joe T's record shows that he's gotten the team to the tourney 3 times in the last 10 seasons, and those 3 appearances were in his first 4 seasons at the helm. Which puts him pretty much on a par with CMA when it comes to accomplishments over the past 10 years.

ladies best Providence on the road tonight 53-50 to end the regular season. A very nice tournaround. Hopefully they can win more than one game this weekend at the BE Tournament.
fingers crossed as they open versus Marquette and then in all liklihood Uconn. One win might get them into NCAA.

Back