For those who think all of LI is rich

I was accused of being from some whitebread LI town. I proved that wrong. Pointless? As it pertains to SJ then yes. But so is the guy's post begging for votes for his son's movie...only I didn't notice your feathers all ruffled when that happened. Double standard?

Ok, this is the dumbest thread ever.

I was accused of being from some whitebread LI town. I proved that wrong. Pointless? As it pertains to SJ then yes. But so is the guy's post begging for votes for his son's movie...only I didn't notice your feathers all ruffled when that happened. Double standard?

Because REB is a poster we have known for a decade pretty much. You on the other hand are new. And since you have started posting you have managed to piss off a lot of people. You have managed to piss off a lot of very different people both young and old since I know you love bringing age up. Personally I don't care about half the stuff you have talked about but when 1 person is managing to annoy the majority of an internet message board community the issue lies with the 1 person not the balance of the people.

There is no law stating you have a right to not be offended. Why can't people ever just reply normally instead of starting with me every single time? I may have been the one initiating it in the beginning, but not now. This forum is like a high school clique of girls. When even the mods say stuff like "Dumbest post ever", you know you are in a very immature forum. I'm not posting anymore this is just an exclusive forum for a bunch of old guys who know each other in person, not for any new points of view or new members. Goodnight!

Joey, Joey, Joey! I truly apologize if you misunderstood me! I did not accuse you of being from some whitebread town on Lonng Aisland! I accused YOU of being whitebread as in boring, tasteless, plain, raw in middle like white bread!
The phrase is also used to describe whites perceived as having no culture beyond tight tee shirts and no knowledge of the culture of other people. I suggest while you attend St. John's you drive up to Northern Blvd and take some pictures of all the Korean signs to show us how seedy Flushing has become. LOL!
I am, however, happy to learn that you are a Psych major. That will serve you well in the "ward" in a few years while you are housed there!
As for all the "countries" you visited.......well, I am not sure if Club Med counts as immersing oneself in another culture! I am sure that you are an expert at beach bars in most of those "countries" your worldly travels have taken you to. LMAO!
Finally, we will forgive your being all of "barely 23" and thinking you know so much of "our era" when we had it so much easier than kids growing up in culture-deprived Patchogue of the present. Those pictures you posted were truly frightening and I cannot imagine you driving through those scary streets after 9pm!! Now I know why Billy Joel bragged about walking through Bed Stuy alone!!!!! You Aisland guys are tough! You have it tough!! Why, I understand now why so many of you non-practicing Catholic boys and girls graduate from those inner-city Aisland schools and flee to the safety of bucolic Marist and its vast cultural diversity!!
But be proud to know that as a Psych major from Marist you will always have a job waiting for you at Lombardi's counseling all the illegal immigrants working in the kitchen who need your moral support and inspiration to make it in the seedy part of Patchogue.

Because REB is a poster we have known for a decade pretty much. You on the other hand are new. And since you have started posting you have managed to piss off a lot of people. You have managed to piss off a lot of very different people both young and old since I know you love bringing age up. Personally I don't care about half the stuff you have talked about but when 1 person is managing to annoy the majority of an internet message board community the issue lies with the 1 person not the balance of the people.

Well said Moose..

Because he did not disparage anyone or anyplace in his thread, all he did was ask for a favour which many were pleased to oblige. Completely different IMHO.

In the last 6 or 7 years ( I actually didnt even have a passport till then. lol )

Peru ( I think 5 times )
Chile
Norway
Argentina
Israel
Jordan
Palestinian Territories ( west bank )
Italy
Vatican City ( worlds smallest country but hey it counts. lol )
Sweden
Ireland
U.K-Northern Ireland
France
Denmark

I think I'm forgetting 1 or 2

On slate for next year back to Peru ( maybe tie in ecuador ) and if I were a betting man I'd say either Turkey,China or germany unless Egypt got safe again 

Keep traveling. I'm hooked now on it

Yeah, but let's be real Mike. You're just some white bread Long Island guy as well. Only reason you've become so worldly is your charming and beautiful girlfriend who Joe3 would proabably accuse of being an illegal immigrant. ;)

In the last 6 or 7 years ( I actually didnt even have a passport till then. lol )

Peru ( I think 5 times )
Chile
Norway
Argentina
Israel
Jordan
Italy
Sweden
Ireland
U.K-Northern Ireland
France
Denmark

On slate for next year back to Peru ( maybe tie in ecuador ) and if I were a betting man I'd say either Turkey,China or germany unless Egypt got safe again 

Yeah, but let's be real Mike. You're just some white bread Long Island guy as well. Only reason you've become so worldly is your charming and beautiful girlfriend who Joe3 would proabably accuse of being an illegal immigrant. ;)
 true. lol

Peru ( I think 5 times )
Chile
Norway
Argentina
Israel
Jordan
Italy
Sweden
Ireland
U.K-Northern Ireland
France
Denmark

Try to make it to Greece when things settle down.. The islands won't disappoint

Peru ( I think 5 times )
Chile
Norway
Argentina
Israel
Jordan
Italy
Sweden
Ireland
U.K-Northern Ireland
France
Denmark

Yeah everyone who goes there says great things. My girlfriend loves it there.

I'll wait to see if they leave the Euro and have to go back to their own currency and then if it gets destroyed that's going to be my cue to go. I love travel bargains :)

Peru ( I think 5 times )
Chile
Norway
Argentina
Israel
Jordan
Italy
Sweden
Ireland
U.K-Northern Ireland
France
Denmark

I'll wait to see if they leave the Euro and have to go back to their own currency and then if it gets destroyed that's going to be my cue to go. I love travel bargains :)

Hmmm...you got me thinking, where have I been? Here is my best attempt at it:

For work:
England (2-3 times per year)
France
Italy
Austria (2 times per year)
Poland
Hungary
Slovakia
Czech Republic
Germany
Brazil
Argentina
Bermuda
Mexico
Canada (2 times per year)
Plus 42 of the 50 US states

Vacation
Some of the above (England, France, Italy, Austria, Mexico)
Bahamas
Jamaica
Anguilla
St Maarter/St Martin
Cayman Islands
Vatican City

My favorite city in the world? Vienna. My favorite city in the US, (besides NY)? Seattle

There is no law stating you have a right to not be offended. Why can't people ever just reply normally instead of starting with me every single time? I may have been the one initiating it in the beginning, but not now. This forum is like a high school clique of girls. When even the mods say stuff like "Dumbest post ever", you know you are in a very immature forum. I'm not posting anymore this is just an exclusive forum for a bunch of old guys who know each other in person, not for any new points of view or new members. Goodnight!

Joe, my only recommendation to you is to stick with being a St. John's basketball fan and your comments will always be welcomed.
During the BB season there are fans of all ages that participate in the forum. Some of the old guys (over 40 to you) use the forum for some levity during the off season.
Never take something said by an anonymous person seriously on the Internet! Many here have kids and grandchildren your age so we are not alien to your views. That said, every generation thinks they invented the wheel and know more than the previous but you will join the old guy club sooner than you think!
Peace!

Peru ( I think 5 times )
Chile
Norway
Argentina
Israel
Jordan
Italy
Sweden
Ireland
U.K-Northern Ireland
France
Denmark

Hmmm...you got me thinking, where have I been? Here is my best attempt at it:

For work:
England (2-3 times per year)
France
Italy
Austria (2 times per year)
Poland
Hungary
Slovakia
Czech Republic
Germany
Brazil
Argentina
Bermuda
Mexico
Canada (2 times per year)
Plus 42 of the 50 US states

Vacation
Some of the above (England, France, Italy, Austria, Mexico)
Bahamas
Jamaica
Anguilla
St Maarter/St Martin
Cayman Islands
Vatican City

My favorite city in the world? Vienna. My favorite city in the US, (besides NY)? Seattle

Porgyman, you vacationed in Vatican City? How was the night life? Is it true there is a Vatican restaurant that specializes in loaves and fishes? I do find the Vatican very discriminatory in its hiring practices....they only hire Swiss for their security??? LOL!

I am so envious of you guys who have travelled extensively internationally. I've been to Italy 3 times, France, England, Spain, Bermuda, St. Maarten, St. John, St. Croix St. Thomas, Bahamas, Mexico, Canada, but it doesn't seem like enough. I did visit Vatican City, and had a private audience with an important person, so that makes up for a lot of it.

Fortunately, my job has me travelling domestically, sometimes to very small and remote places that most people have never visited. In doing so I've seen some amazing places, and met even more amazing people. 

I am so envious of you guys who have travelled extensively internationally. I've been to Italy 3 times, France, England, Spain, Bermuda, St. Maarten, St. John, St. Croix St. Thomas, Bahamas, Mexico, Canada, but it doesn't seem like enough. I did visit Vatican City, and had a private audience with an important person, so that makes up for a lot of it.

Fortunately, my job has me travelling domestically, sometimes to very small and remote places that most people have never visited. In doing so I've seen some amazing places, and met even more amazing people. 

I work in international travel but haven't really been that many places, Australia (25 times), New Zealand, UK a number of times, France 3x, Germany, Portugal, Macau and Hong Kong a number of times. Those of us in international travel don't count Bermuda, Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexico and Canada as international so I won't even go into those. Anything you didn't really need a passport for before recently doesn't count. You might as well throw in Hawaii (10x) ;)

But having traveled enough and a lot domestically plus working in the industry I can say that while there may not be that much in the way of historical attractions or culture in the US compared to a lot of places the natural beauty of the US, especially the national parks, and the diversity is something international visitors marvel at while many here take it for granted.

It's a sad day when person like Joe mentions that he attends/graduated SJU. Your view points make us look bad.
You have a lot of growing up to do.

I work in international travel but haven't really been that many places, Australia (25 times), New Zealand, UK a number of times, France 3x, Germany, Portugal, Macau and Hong Kong a number of times. Those of us in international travel don't count Bermuda, Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexico and Canada as international so I won't even go into those. Anything you didn't really need a passport for before recently doesn't count. You might as well throw in Hawaii (10x) ;)

But having traveled enough and a lot domestically plus working in the industry I can say that while there may not be that much in the way of historical attractions or culture in the US compared to a lot of places the natural beauty of the US, especially the national parks, and the diversity is something international visitors marvel at while many here take it for granted.

Australia 25x? So you work for either Qantas or an Aussie firm. LOL! Now I know that Aus Tour stands for Australia Tours.

Australia 25x? So you work for either Qantas or an Aussie firm. LOL! Now I know that Aus Tour stands for Australia Tours.

No flies on you. Actually I worked for the Australian government tourism bureau for 14 years. Spent more than a year in Australia albeit in 2-3 week pieces (and one visit that was 2 nights, more time in the air). Got the Austour e-mail address before we had corporate e-mails (yes that long ago) for some work things and still have it though its now my e-commerce/spam e-mail address, not my communications e-mail address. At the same time became a frequent poster on the AOL message board for St Johns that was the predecessor to this fine site and for obvious reason kept that as my screen name when we all switched over here. Now I work in a similar capacity for Hong Kong, ergo 10 visits in the last 9 years. Speaking of AOL who was the craziest guy on the AOL message board? How many remember that?

Back