For those who think all of LI is rich

LINY89

This is to prove that LI isn't all "whitebread" ritsy like some in here have said. These pictures are from Patchogue in Suffolk County. You can see what illegal immigration has done, and maybe you can now see what I was talking about when I said the area is seedy in some parts. It's starting to look more like Queens than a "upper middle class" NYC suburb. Don't mind the bird crap on my window.
[attachment]zzzzzzz.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment]zzzzzzzzzz.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment]zzzzzzzzzzz.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment]zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.JPG[/attachment]

33esojb.jpg

2wdsdvo.jpg

cu8ig.jpg

j0b795.jpg

K

That is one part of main street in patchogue.... It is just ok over there.. You are missing the heart of Patchogue where people like Ralph Lauren live. Very nice area.

I sent you a PM. Now I send you a public one. Three shots of the back of some industrial space and the front of a store catering to immigrants does not make a community seedy. Xenophobic ignorance makes communities seedy.

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

We are St. John's.

Yes it is just one area, but this is the area I grew up around. Even Brooklyn and Harlem have nice areas too so that is irrelevant. My point is that some areas on LI look like Queens...not white bread spoiled brats. This is what I grew up around...not white picket fences in Perfectville, USA. Yes other areas of Patchogue are nice, but if you think these pictures display an "ok" area then your standards are pretty damn low. This is an area most people on LI would consider seedy to say the least.

Lol...I am not xenophobic...but there is a very real illegal immigrant problem in the area if you know anything about LI. The point of my post was not to imply that all of Patchogue is like this, but a lot of it is seedy like this. I was accused of living in some whitebread area in a little bubble with no diversity growing up rich. This proves that is totally unfounded. If you don't think this is seedy then you must live in the PJ's.

Yes it is just one area, but this is the area I grew up around. Even Brooklyn and Harlem have nice areas too so that is irrelevant. My point is that some areas on LI look like Queens...not white bread spoiled brats. This is what I grew up around...not white picket fences in Perfectville, USA. Yes other areas of Patchogue are nice, but if you think these pictures display an "ok" area then your standards are pretty damn low. This is an area most people on LI would consider seedy to say the least.

I guess your interpretation of seedy is different than mine. I have friends who live in that part of patchogue and it's honestly not bad. Next time you are in patchogue or Bellport.. Take pictures of the mansions . Btw one of the best Bodega's on the Island is over there.. Grab a bite to eat if you dare :)

A couple of simple questions: 1) how do you know that the owners of the establishment that you have photographed are illegal immigrants? 2) what does any of this have to do with St. john's basketball?
For the better part of a week I have read your comments on here. Your swipes at the "Queens culture". Followed by your disparaging remarks about Queens today.
I'm born and raised in Queens. And yes, if you saw me on the street you would assume that I'm part of that "Queens culture" that you are quick to dismiss. I'm a public school grad, (Cardozo), and worked my way through St. John's (Class of 85). I have worked very hard in my career, to the point where I lead a division for an 11 Billion dollar organization, personally overseeing 1.5 billion in assets.
My point? If you ever presented yourself to me seeking employment with such a myopic understanding of the world, I would never hire you. You display an incredibly shallow understanding of basic economics. (ie: there are economically distressed areas next to Greenwich, CT and Beverly Hills, CA...are those areas poor too? Of course not. On the whole, the area is quite well off. The same goes for Long Island).
I'm not interested in engaging you in debate on this subject. It is probably a futile endeavor. I will leave you with a couple of bits of advice. 1) get out and see the world. Then return with an informed opinion to share. 2) be careful about disparaging those people from Queens, or anywhere else. Sometimes, we actually do pretty well in life.

Happy, I honestly don't know of any mansions in Bellport or Patchogue...maybe there are a few left over from when the area was flooded with rich NYC tycoons with summer homes. Never seen them there but I could be wrong. Like I said, this is the part of town I know well. What bodega is this? Maybe I will try it.

Happy, I honestly don't know of any mansions in Bellport or Patchogue...maybe there are a few left over from when the area was flooded with rich NYC tycoons with summer homes. Never seen them there but I could be wrong. Like I said, this is the part of town I know well. What bodega is this? Maybe I will try it.

If you are looking for the mansions.. Just go by the water of patchogue and Brookhaven .. People like Isabella Rosselini live there.. The place to eat is Mi Tieritta off main st. Great food.. Although not as good as the one in Brentwood IMO .

A couple of simple questions: 1) how do you know that the owners of the establishment that you have photographed are illegal immigrants? 2) what does any of this have to do with St. john's basketball?
For the better part of a week I have read your comments on here. Your swipes at the "Queens culture". Followed by your disparaging remarks about Queens today.
I'm born and raised in Queens. And yes, if you saw me on the street you would assume that I'm part of that "Queens culture" that you are quick to dismiss. I'm a public school grad, (Cardozo), and worked my way through St. John's (Class of 85). I have worked very hard in my career, to the point where I lead a division for an 11 Billion dollar organization, personally overseeing 1.5 billion in assets.
My point? If you ever presented yourself to me seeking employment with such a myopic understanding of the world, I would never hire you. You display an incredibly shallow understanding of basic economics. (ie: there are economically distressed areas next to Greenwich, CT and Beverly Hills, CA...are those areas poor too? Of course not. On the whole, the area is quite well off. The same goes for Long Island).
I'm not interested in engaging you in debate on this subject. It is probably a futile endeavor. I will leave you with a couple of bits of advice. 1) get out and see the world. Then return with an informed opinion to share. 2) be careful about disparaging those people from Queens, or anywhere else. Sometimes, we actually do pretty well in life.

I have no problem with Queens. My father was born in Flushing, I go to St. John's in Jamaica, I have relatives who work in Jamaica, another relative in Bellerose, plus I am a huge Mets fan, so I can never dislike Queens. When I use Queens I guess what I mean is, the area I live in is much more humble and down to earth than many make it seem. Nothing wrong with Queens at all.

So what you are saying is that if there is just ONE nice house on a block, that makes the block nice? If there is one town on LI that is nice and others are not so nice, then it is seen as good overall? You seem to give the nice parts of town more weight than the bad ones. My point was to display that I am from a humble area, not East Harlem in the projects. No one was willing to admit I was right about that after I proved the guy wrong who said I am from "whitebread" LI.

As for being multicultural and diverse sir, I have been around the world more than probably anyone on this board. Jamaica, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Canada, Italy, France, Spain, Malta, etc. My friends include Muslims, African-Americans, Asians, etc. and no I'm not just saying that. Congrats on all your business accolades, but that means nothing to me and I won't lose sleep over the fact that you wouldn't hire me because I'm not in business nor do I want to be.

Porgyman, to answer your question about how I know illegal immigrants are illegal...I don't. But you don't know that they are legal either. I am willing to bet that 8 Latinos sitting outside a broken down Laundromat at 1 AM with tattered clothes not speaking one word of English are illegal. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, can we suggest it might be a duck? Or will political correctness prevent that?

As for being multicultural and diverse sir, I have been around the world more than probably anyone on this board. Jamaica, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Canada, Italy, France, Spain, Malta, .

Nah I think I have you beat in that department. 

As for being multicultural and diverse sir, I have been around the world more than probably anyone on this board. Jamaica, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Canada, Italy, France, Spain, Malta, .

Keep in mind I'm barely 23. You are probably double my age. Either way my point remains...I have been all over so I do get out.

This might be the most pointless thread posted on this site ever. 

As do I :)

I was accused of being from some whitebread LI town. I proved that wrong. Pointless? As it pertains to SJ then yes. But so is the guy's post begging for votes for his son's movie...only I didn't notice your feathers all ruffled when that happened. Double standard?

In the last 6 or 7 years ( I actually didnt even have a passport till then. lol )

Peru ( I think 5 times )
Chile
Norway
Argentina
Israel
Jordan
Palestinian Territories ( west bank )
Italy
Vatican City ( worlds smallest country but hey it counts. lol )
Sweden
Ireland
U.K-Northern Ireland
France
Denmark

I think I'm forgetting 1 or 2

On slate for next year back to Peru ( maybe tie in ecuador ) and if I were a betting man I'd say either Turkey,China or germany unless Egypt got safe again 

Keep traveling. I'm hooked now on it

Back