Fire Tuchel.........now

So…keeping this guy employed until the end of the season was the right thing to do?

You sub your best player off, who had been bossing the pitch the entire 2nd half and you give up the equalizer 5 minutes later? I mean, should anyone be surprised? Upamacano has been a hot mess lately too, how is that improving the XI you have out there?

Another stinker, this team for the most part has given up. How much longer before they kick him out? The season is over, and i'd be shocked if they get past Lazio Wednesday.

Finally. They were switched on from start to finish. Lazio had only one clear chance otherwise BM's defense controlled them and we could have scored at least 3 more. Now they have to play for themselves and see what the next round brings, (y)

Looked great today, probably too late for Bundesliga but if they keep the momentum, and with guys coming back from injuries, they might make a run at UCL, unless Teuchel finds a way to mess things up.

I’m just gonna put this here but I know Alonso is the flavor of the month but watching this German team dominate the French (yes, I know it’s a friendly), bring back Nagelsmann after the Euros. Thoroughly impressed with their pressing and possession. We’ve been a constant threat this entire match, players all seem happy and the team seems to have common goal instead of just one-man mercenary tactics that the present manager seems to depend on.

Side note: what a debut for Maxi Mittelstadt (barring that last minute “clear”). I’m very impressed by him. Plus, Kimmich back in the position he should be in. I’ve always considered him Lahm’s replacement. And, what a set play out of the opening kick. Wirtz is a threat up front. With Nagelsmann, this is the best I’ve felt about this team in 10 years.

I hate to pile on him but the 2nd goal was basically on him too. He backs up too much, gives the shooter way too much space.

Not starting Kim over Dier is insane. Subbing off Sane made no sense to me either. He was killing them in the middle of the pitch. Kimmich also had a great game, shut down their left side the entire match. A little unlucky to hit the post at the end too.

Getting a draw with Dier at CB and a Goretzka-Laimer midfield (to be fair, they were both decent today) is a good result. I didn’t think they would win today, especially after the first 15min, so taking a blank slate home isn’t bad.

How is Dier playing CB in a knockout CL match? HOW? He is a f*cking statue out there.
Dier is playing because Kim and Upamecano made an absolute hash of it over the weekend against Heidenheim. And right or wrong, Teuchel has been featuring Dier and Deligt pretty much for the last month. As far as I'm concerned I'd be using Kim and Deligt.

Have to say, Tuchel out coached Arteta on Wednesday. I mean, I don’t know exactly how impressive that actually is, but Dier played his best game for Bayern and subbing on Kim and Upa seems like it was the right move. I honestly don’t think Arsenal had a particularly good scoring chance the entire match.

Kimmich and Guerrero both had excellent games. Kimmich was great in both legs. I always saw him as Lahm’s successor. Selling him would be a huge mistake and Sane definitely played a big role in the goal. Him and Musiala were making nice runs the entire match. I think Tel needs to start coming on for Kane last 15 or so minutes too.

Madrid is beatable. It would hilarious if their only trophy this season was best in Europe. For a farmers league, you got 2 of the semi-finalists and another looking to do a double in Leverkusen. They have a really well constructed team and Xavi is an excellent coach. Hate to say I’m pulling for them to win Europa but I am.

If you could combine Teuchel's tactical skills and Hansi's player-handling skills you'd have one of the greatest managers ever.

Nagelsman got even by stringing them along for a few weeks and then re-upping with the national team.

If they sign Ragnick it just means their coaching search will be on a par with ours when we settled for MA!

I think they have to roll the dice and go for Zidane and get it done ASAP because they have to figure out who they're going to sell and who they're going to bring in sooner than later.

This search is taking on the look of a monumental screw-up.

Rangnick the supposed leader. :unsure: (n)

Allegri now being mentioned.:unsure::unsure:(n)

Emery signs an extension, Bayern should petition for part of his salary because their interest caused the move.:rolleyes:

Zidane out.:eek:

Teuchel potentially could be asked back.:eek::eek::eek::unsure::unsure::unsure:(n)(n)(n)

Could it get any worse? Why yes because the powers to be have placed a before the end of April hiring deadline on themselves. Just suck it up and hire Hansi before this spins totally out of control.

Hansi, Hansi, he's my man. PS - he made up with Uli...

PS - if they rehire Pukel, I'm switching to only watching my other club, Metz - ancestors from there when it was (Frankisch) Germany.

Back