Eugenia Macpherson to return next season

redmannorth

Staff member
2023 $upporter Moderator
I was informed today with 100% certainty that Eugenia, clearly our most important possible recruit for 2013-2014, will return after rehab to play as a fifth year senior. This is absolutely great news for the program as we will be very young next season with the graduation of 3 or 4 players.
Shennika and Nadirah will graduate as will Jennifer Blanding who barely plays. Mary is a fourth year junior following her transfer from BC and I do not know if she will return.
So we return Eugenia with Aliyah Handford in the back court with Briana Brown at one forward position. We will add Jade Walker to the frontcourt who was just selected the top post player in talent rich NJ. Aaliyah Lewis will provide back court depth and Coach told me her team won their league championship so he is very high on both high school seniors. Clemson transfer Denijah Grant should be a big time scorer at the 2 or 3 and the 6 4 transfer from Miami should be a good post presence. Not really sure who starts right now but the team will be deep and talented and the staff may not be finished recruiting for next season. May add another player. Things are looking very positive.

BEAT VILLANOVA ON WEDNESDAY, clearly our most important game of the season.

Great news about Eugenia
She will certainly add a mature / senior presence to a very young team
Having Mary back next year would also help ease the transition of our "newbies" to the program
Hope to hear that she will return as well
The future certainly looks bright!!!

Haven't followed the women as much this year but it's good to know things are shaping up. Thanks for your update North

I don't understand why Amber Thompson doesn't get more minutes than she does. She is a better rebounder, offensive player and defensive player than Mary. We also need another big for next year.

Back