EPL 2017-18

TX Redman

It's back! A few surprises on opening weekend: 2017 champions Chelsea lost at home, newly promoted Huddersfield won at Palace. Spurs and Man C looked efficient but not spectacular with away wins vs promoted teams. Rooney went home and scored and won.

Lukaku took to that Man U shirt like a duck to H2O. WHam did not offer much.

Most exciting games were Arsenal 4-3 Leicester and Watford 3-3 Liverpool but the Merseysiders were denied a win by a bad offside call, or lack thereof...

Arsenal proved that scoring - even without Sanchez - should not be a problem but they need Mert, Kos and Mustafi back to shore up the defence. New signings Lacazette and Kolasinac look capable.

It's back! A few surprises on opening weekend: 2017 champions Chelsea lost at home, newly promoted Huddersfield won at Palace. Spurs and Man C looked efficient but not spectacular with away wins vs promoted teams. Rooney went home and scored and won.

Most exciting games were Arsenal 4-3 Leicester and Watford 3-3 Liverpool but the Merseysiders were denied a win by a bad offside call, or lack thereof...

Arsenal proved that scoring - even without Sanchez - should not be a problem but they need Mert, Kos and Mustafi back to shore up the defence. New signings Lacazette and Kolasinac look capable.

Best part of the Arsenal game came shortly after Leiscter took a 3-2 lead and some of the home crowd started chanting "Arse Wenger", the second time the chant started some guy right next to one of the on-field mikes could be heard clear as a bell until they killed the sound. :eek:hmy:

After the first two games, the City-Brighton game was a bit of a let-down, especially since it was the feature game of the day.

On a different note Bayern starts going for the sixpeat on Friday. :)

Best part of the Arsenal game came shortly after Leiscter took a 3-2 lead and some of the home crowd started chanting "Arse Wenger", the second time the chant started some guy right next to one of the on-field mikes could be heard clear as a bell until they killed the sound. :eek:hmy:

After the first two games, the City-Brighton game was a bit of a let-down, especially since it was the feature game of the day.

On a different note Bayern starts going for the sixpeat on Friday. :)

There's chatter that Bayern will be awarded the 2017-18 bundesliga trophy during halftime :lol:

I wouldn't sleep on Dortmund one bit this season. They have 4 or 5 class players on that team, a good manager and a Bayern team that isn't getting any younger.

Funny enough: now I see Dembele going to Barcelona for 90 million Euros is very much on the table. He is an electric player. Still have Reus, Aubameyang, Mor, Goetze, Schullre, Pulisic, Kagawa, etc. Very well rounded squad, but the loss of Dembele would obviously be huge.

Good to see it the PL back in action, even though ManU put an ugly beat down my Hammers. That is one stacked roster and the Red Devils will be tough to beat.

I wouldn't sleep on Dortmund one bit this season. They have 4 or 5 class players on that team, a good manager and a Bayern team that isn't getting any younger.

Funny enough: now I see Dembele going to Barcelona for 90 million Euros is very much on the table. He is an electric player. Still have Reus, Aubameyang, Mor, Goetze, Schullre, Pulisic, Kagawa, etc. Very well rounded squad, but the loss of Dembele would obviously be huge.

Dortmund should be fun to watch but they're really not going to challenge bayern nor will anyone else for that matter since Bayern have about 17 world class players haha

Speaking of Dembele though, he would be a much needed boost for barca since it seems like theyve lost their mojo a bit post neymar

Dortmund should be fun to watch but they're really not going to challenge bayern nor will anyone else for that matter since Bayern have about 17 world class players haha

Speaking of Dembele though, he would be a much needed boost for barca since it seems like theyve lost their mojo a bit post neymar

Dembele has been suspended by Dortmund since he skipped out on practice once he got the offer from Barca, so unless they kiss and make-up he's a goner.

As always, Dortmund give Bayern very competitive games but Dembele worked very well with Aubameyang, creating a speedy two-headed attack monster, they've got plenty of other good players but Dembele will be missed. Once Bayern get their injuries straightened out and establish a rotation they should roll. They've got depth at attacker, midfield and the back line

Dembele has been suspended by Dortmund since he skipped out on practice once he got the offer from Barca, so unless they kiss and make-up he's a goner.

As always, Dortmund give Bayern very competitive games but Dembele worked very well with Aubameyang, creating a speedy two-headed attack monster, they've got plenty of other good players but Dembele will be missed. Once Bayern get their injuries straightened out and establish a rotation they should roll. They've got depth at attacker, midfield and the back line
I hope you're right, after Spurs I'm a Munich supporter so I never tire of seeing them win. The injuries and the age are two things that scare me a little.

I hope you're right, after Spurs I'm a Munich supporter so I never tire of seeing them win. The injuries and the age are two things that scare me a little.

I've seen Ribbery this year and he still looks great, Robben is just rounding back into shape and he is still amazing. I think Mueller will have a bounce back season. They've got Coman to step in and James can swing up on the wing and they have Gnabry on loan to Hoffenheim, he'll be back when one of the old wingers steps down in a year or two. I think they've addressed the age issue with Colliso, Rudy and the guy I think will be a monster on the back line for years to come, Sule. Kimmich will replace Lahm and along with Alaba can move forward up the wings.

They have so much depth especially in midfield, Ancelloti just has to fit the pieces together.

They open Friday against Leverkusen.

Man U setting the early pace with another 4-0 win, this time over Swansea. Huddersfield and WBA the others with perfect starts. Big game of the weekend was Chelsea vs Spurs at Wembley and Spurs hoodoo at their temporary home continues - the Blues prevailed 2-1 thanks to Marcus Alonso. Today, Man C fought back with 10 men to get a 1-1 draw with Everton. On Sat Arsenal did not do enough and lost 1-0 at Stoke. A very close offside call and a couple of penalty shouts did not help and they need to have their act together for a trip to Anfield on Sun. :unsure:

Man P3 W3, no goals conceded. L'pool demolished an abject Arsenal today. Chelsea knocked off Everton and Spurs drew at home (Wembley). Next round of games Sept 9.

Gut the damn team Arsenal. At least make this week enjoyable.

Sell Alexis to City
Sell Ozil to BVB
Sell Oxe to Chelsea
Sign Bellerin to a hair salon
Sell Ramsey to Qatar

Gut the damn team Arsenal. At least make this week enjoyable.

Sell Alexis to City
Sell Ozil to BVB
Sell Oxe to Chelsea
Sign Bellerin to a hair salon
Sell Ramsey to Qatar

I agree. There needs to be a clear out. It was so bad on Sunday I did not watch the 2nd half - watched coverage of the other disaster - Harvey. And Lord help Houston.

Ox is gone apparently. 35 million for a player who might give you a good 20 minutes every fifth game. Crazy money.

Wenger has lost the plot. Plays Welbeck over Lacazette, plays Bellerin (a RB) on the left ahead of Kolasinac (who made the Bundesliga team of the year), plays Ox even though he is leaving... Ramsey and Ozil will never help defend. You cannot carry all these passengers. Xhaka tries but cannot tackle. The team is so disjointed. And having Kroenke as an absentee owner exacerbates the problems... Going to be a long season.

[quote="TX Redman" post=8281]It's back! A few surprises on opening weekend: 2017 champions Chelsea lost at home, newly promoted Huddersfield won at Palace. Spurs and Man C looked efficient but not spectacular with away wins vs promoted teams. Rooney went home and scored and won.

Arsenal proved that scoring - even without Sanchez - should not be a problem but they need Mert, Kos and Mustafi back to shore up the defence. New signings Lacazette and Kolasinac look capable.[/quote]

Champions League final coming up and wondering if everything is ok by you?

All is well. Man C dominated. Arsenal capitulated. Stoke relegated.

Who will replace Arsene? I am hoping for Allegri.

Hope Sir Alex makes a speedy recovery.

CL Final: rooting for Liverpool. No need to see Ronaldo with his shirt off (again). What a season for Mo Salah!

[quote="TX Redman" post=284173]All is well. Man C dominated. Arsenal capitulated. Stoke relegated.

CL Final: rooting for Liverpool. No need to see Ronaldo with his shirt off (again). What a season for Mo Salah![/quote]

Can't see Allegri taking the reigns of a team not in CL

All signs are pointing to them going younger and cheaper. Especially with Sven handling recruitment

The list should be 3 names. Jardim, Vieira or Nagelsmann. If Arteta had head coaching experience I would put him in there but he doesn't. Also for anyone questioning Vieira on the list he has more experience than Pep had when Barca hired him.

[quote="Moose" post=284183][quote="TX Redman" post=284173]All is well. Man C dominated. Arsenal capitulated. Stoke relegated.

CL Final: rooting for Liverpool. No need to see Ronaldo with his shirt off (again). What a season for Mo Salah![/quote]

Can't see Allegri taking the reigns of a team not in CL

All signs are pointing to them going younger and cheaper. Especially with Sven handling recruitment

The list should be 3 names. Jardim, Vieira or Nagelsmann. If Arteta had head coaching experience I would put him in there but he doesn't. Also for anyone questioning Vieira on the list he has more experience than Pep had when Barca hired him.[/quote]

I take it back it looks like there is some smoke to Allegri and Juve might want him out after failing to win CL.

Can't wait for 2018-19. Will be so much better (for me) with Fulham back in the top flight.

[quote="mkras99" post=286289]Can't wait for 2018-19. Will be so much better (for me) with Fulham back in the top flight.[/quote]

Welcome back!

And after a thoroughly miserable year for West Ham, I'm counting down the days until next season. Bringing in Pellegrini as manager is the most promising to happen for us in a long time.

[quote="firestorm" post=286300][quote="mkras99" post=286289]Can't wait for 2018-19. Will be so much better (for me) with Fulham back in the top flight.[/quote]

Welcome back!

And after a thoroughly miserable year for West Ham, I'm counting down the days until next season. Bringing in Pellegrini as manager is the most promising to happen for us in a long time.[/quote]

Pellegrini is good. If him and management are on same page with the type of players you will succeed

Back