(EMPIRE Games @Barclays) Syracuse, Tue., Nov. 22, 9:30p, ESPN-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the comments people make about the players (guilty as charged) are in the moment. Typically after a bonehead play. In general, i believe everyone supports this team and are impressed by their heart and tenacity. So far we're witnessing a team that is fighting and giving 100% effort which is all we can ask for. Thankful for that!

We have to play better in the first half. We start these games and can’t hit the broad side of a barn.

Very true ..Mintz wasn’t the same in the 2 nd half but , tell me you wouldn’t want a freshman PG like him on your team .
Is Mintz really a PG or is he is a SG playing point out of necessity for Cuse. He sure takes enough shots/game; over the last 4 games averaging 15/game.

Good grief. Drama queen stuff here. Kid was on fire and wanted to bring the house. He got caught in the moment, nothing more. He will not do that again. There are no problems here. My goodness.
To me, that was a lose/lose situation.

Time and score say you hold the ball in that situation, but we stink so much in the halfcourt, that I don't know if I ever want us holding the ball, especially since I hate (in general) when the point guard just dribbles down to 5 seconds, or so. I believe in passing it around a little bit, and there's always a little risk in that.

Somewhat off-topic... is it just me, or did Jon Crispin have some genuine insights into our style of play and how it impacts our opponents? I've never heard him call a game before (and I had to google him to find out he played for Penn State and was n the B10 Network). I thought he actually seemed to understand how different our full-court style of play is - even when we aren't pressing. At first I didn;t like his style, but by the end of the second game I actually thought he was pretty good.

Somewhat off-topic... is it just me, or did Jon Crispin have some genuine insights into our style of play and how it impacts our opponents? I've never heard him call a game before (and I had to google him to find out he played for Penn State and was n the B10 Network). I thought he actually seemed to understand how different our full-court style of play is - even when we aren't pressing. At first I didn;t like his style, but by the end of the second game I actually thought he was pretty good.
Crispin found our style of play unique because it often doesn't look like the college basketball he is used to. The idea is to speed up the game in order to avoid the weakness of our team (half court offense and 3 point shooting) and highlight our strengths (pressure the ball handler and score off turnovers and fast breaks). We look to be a team of runs that are the by product of wearing teams down when our guys are just warming up. How many players, on both ends of the floor, are like Posh or Curbelo? Not many. Both will take the opponents ball handlers out of their comfort zone. Maybe not right away, but eventually. Mintz was excellent in the first half, but was showing sings of wear and tear by the second half. Hatten's team in his senior year did it very well.

Funny story from Syracuse game…was sitting in Section 7. . .there were a few guys sitting behind me who were very vocal but didn’t seem to have a rooting interest other than some wagers they made, , ,they didn’t know the players and, instead referred to Mintz as “#3” and Curbelo as “Lonzo Ball”

Funny story from Syracuse game…was sitting in Section 7. . .there were a few guys sitting behind me who were very vocal but didn’t seem to have a rooting interest other than some wagers they made, , ,they didn’t know the players and, instead referred to Mintz as “#3” and Curbelo as “Lonzo Ball”
Silly way to "invest" when they know nothing about the parties involved but they were probably into FTX crypto, 🙃 🙃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back