Duo Restaurant

gman

Staff member
 Took my mom and sister to Duo for brunch today. I should have read the yelp reviews before I went, they were spot on. Cool decor but blah food. Really disappointing. Here is what I wrote on yelp

Giving it 2 stars just on the decor and the spicy blood orange margariate. Food was mediocre at best. The chef must be allergic to salt, because every was bland.

In addition to the blood orange margarita I ordered a rum drink from the cocktail menu which was basicaly a weaker poor imitation of a dark and stormy.

For brunch we ordered a cookies and cream french toast, omelette, and lobster and chorizo hash. The french toast was basically just served with melting ice cream. The only thing that saved it was the inclusion of raspberries that gave it some life. I can make french toast and buy ice cream at the corner store rather than pay for this. The omelette was what I would get at a diner but at double the price. The hash had zero salt. The chorizo had no bite. It was just a overly sweet pile of lobster and soft potatoes. The egg was fried way too hard so you got no runny yolk flowing over the dish. Terrible.

I was surprised to be able to get a reservation for brunch on mother's day, but now see why. Should have stuck with my original plan on David Burke Fishtails. For similar food with much better quality and prices try neighborhood restaurant Cask.

Not sure if I gave you this website before but go to

http://savored.com/search/?all=1

You can go to fishtails and get up to 30% off the entire bill. There are a ton of other great restaurants available also.

You are starting to see restaurants in huntington on the site and Nisen in woodbury is on there. If you love sushi you have to go to Nisen ( real expensive but not bad now with the 30% off ) 

Back