Drissa Traore -- in portal

Good luck to him. Kind of solid kid that will do well in whatever he chooses to do.
Impossible not to root for this kid. I hope he goes down a level where he can be a stretch 4, and able to rebound, defend and score on the interior more effectively against less athletic/big front lines he saw in the Big East. Would love to see this kid part of a mid-major playing in March next year, and I will automatically root for that team in its conference tournament and hopefully the Big Dance. There is a reason Pitino kept his kid around after last season, and I'm sure Rick is helping guide him to the best possible opportunity where he can play meaningful minutes next season. And if he wanted to come back in a end-of-the bench role, practicing his a&& off, being a great teammate, providing the occasional few minutes spark off the bench in a particular game, I'm sure we would make a spot.

College basketball in the Nil era 2024 sucks a$$!
Agree it loses the allegiance a bit.

However, specific to Traore, it might have nothing to do with NIL and all to do with playing time guarantee.. Pitino may have had a spot but no time and Traore decided not for him. If he ends up at a Stony Brook or Bryant, is their even any $? If so, can't be much and their boosters must be nuts to pay anyone.

I’ve been following Drissa since he was at LuHi and he is exactly the type of person many of you have described. Every team needs a guy like Drissa who might not get a lot of PT in games but brings it every practice and always supports his teammates and doesn’t complain. The ultimate professional and class act.

Sorry to see you go but glad you stopped by. Hoping you find a real nice landing spot.

Back