Deutscher Fußballmeister 2019-20 - FC Bayern München!

[quote="OhioFan" post=389992]Eight years in a row baby![/quote]

Amazing how quality of play its probably the most enjoyable league to watch but still a joke where so many of the teams just keep feeding the beast all their best players.

[quote="Moose" post=389993][quote="OhioFan" post=389992]Eight years in a row baby![/quote]

[URL]https://www.bayernforum.com/of...yern-clinch-title-with-werder-win-t58633.html[/URL]

Amazing how quality of play its probably the most enjoyable league to watch but still a joke where so many of the teams just keep feeding the beast all their best players.[/quote]

You sound like a Mets fan complaining about the Yankees. Say it isn't so.

Last edited:
[quote="OhioFan" post=389995][quote="Moose" post=389993][quote="OhioFan" post=389992]Eight years in a row baby![/quote]

[URL]https://www.bayernforum.com/of...yern-clinch-title-with-werder-win-t58633.html[/URL]

Amazing how quality of play its probably the most enjoyable league to watch but still a joke where so many of the teams just keep feeding the beast all their best players.[/quote]

You sound like a Mets fan complaining about the Yankees. Say it isn't so.[/quote]

Being that I’m a Yankees fan no.
I think the Bundi crowds are best. The play is enjoyable on the eyes. More than PL. But I hate Bayern. I hate that they just buy up all the good young players on other teams. Of course it takes two to tango. They should sell outside of Germany and not feed the top team even more. Still fun to watch though.

We have been raising Harrison a Dortmund fan. We hardly ever watch the Premier League since we don’t pay for cable, but they have been running the Bundesliga games during quarantine. We have a friend from Cologne that gave Harrison a yellow/black soccer ball for his first birthday, so a Dortmund fan was born. I’m technically an Arsenal fan and Kira is a Tottenham fan. We will let the little guy choose his own team. Our neighbourhood teams is the Queens Park Rangers. We are moving soon and the closest team there will be Brentford FC. If he is smart he will close the closest major team which is Chelsea about 3 miles from here.

[quote="Moose" post=390005][quote="OhioFan" post=389995][quote="Moose" post=389993][quote="OhioFan" post=389992]Eight years in a row baby![/quote]

You sound like a Mets fan complaining about the Yankees. Say it isn't so.[/quote]

I think the Bundi crowds are best. The play is enjoyable on the eyes. More than PL. But I hate Bayern. I hate that they just buy up all the good young players on other teams. Of course it takes two to tango. They should sell outside of Germany and not feed the top team even more. Still fun to watch though.[/quote]

I hear that a lot. Great fiscal management has allowed Die Roten to afford to buy some players, but their transfer activities pale in comparison to Real Madrid, Barcelona and the entire Premier League.

[quote="OhioFan" post=390017][quote="Moose" post=390005][quote="OhioFan" post=389995][quote="Moose" post=389993][quote="OhioFan" post=389992]Eight years in a row baby![/quote]

I think the Bundi crowds are best. The play is enjoyable on the eyes. More than PL. But I hate Bayern. I hate that they just buy up all the good young players on other teams. Of course it takes two to tango. They should sell outside of Germany and not feed the top team even more. Still fun to watch though.[/quote]

I hear that a lot. Great fiscal management has allowed Die Roten to afford to buy some players, but their transfer activities pale in comparison to Real Madrid, Barcelona and the entire Premier League.[/quote]

I will never put Real or Barca on a pedestal. La Liga would be the most unwatchable big league but the French league exists. Its a two horse race every year in La Liga and yes they snatch up plenty of young talents. But they also tend to grab them earlier. To be fair Bayern has done that lately and started to populate Bayern II with talent and I respect that.

For example if Bayern grab a guy like Havertz its embarrassing. Leverkusen constantly produces top talent. Personally if I was running Leverkusen I would be selling Havertz to the PL and not making the winner of the last 8 leagues stronger. But hey I'll still watch. Because again its the most enjoyable league on the eyes.

[quote="gman" post=390009]We have been raising Harrison a Dortmund fan. We hardly ever watch the Premier League since we don’t pay for cable, but they have been running the Bundesliga games during quarantine. We have a friend from Cologne that gave Harrison a yellow/black soccer ball for his first birthday, so a Dortmund fan was born. I’m technically an Arsenal fan and Kira is a Tottenham fan. We will let the little guy choose his own team. Our neighbourhood teams is the Queens Park Rangers. We are moving soon and the closest team there will be Brentford FC. If he is smart he will close the closest major team which is Chelsea about 3 miles from here.[/quote]

He needs a Gio Reyna Dortmund kit!
Brentford are a really well run club. Please don't let him choose Chelski.
And I guess marriage prevails if you and Kira are a North London marriage.

Dortmund fan, Geh weida!

Rough Bavarian translation is you can't be serious - go away.

My Bavarians are only guilty of being successful and very fiscally responsible. FYI, I recall we bailed out BvB Dortmund some years ago and Kaiserlautern and hated 1860 Munich.

If the other teams can't make good decisions, is it really Die Roten's problem?

[quote="OhioFan" post=390401]My Bavarians are only guilty of being successful and very fiscally responsible. FYI, I recall we bailed out BvB Dortmund some years ago and Kaiserlautern and hated 1860 Munich.

If the other teams can't make good decisions, is it really Die Roten's problem?[/quote]

Time to bail out Kaiserslautern again now.

Get rid of the 50 plus 1 rule already!

Love 'em or hate 'em, Bayern are fiscally responsible in their pursuit of transfers. The same can't be said for a lot of other teams in Europe. Over the years they have lost their fair share of players who decided to go to other teams in La Liga and the EPL. They've also had a few misfires on some of their loan/transfer choices. Look at Coutinho, James and Hernandez. Lucas seems to get an injury every time he sneezes.:) They also seem to have problems getting the right manager since Pep left.

In spite of that they've managed to land on their feet and roll through the league. Now we just need to carry through and win the trebele. One down, two to go.

PS, I root for Bayern and whoever is playing Dortmund:) , although I've got to admit Leipzig is fast approaching Dortmund status.

Last edited:
Right now I'd ditch the fiscal responsibility and do everything to sign Haevertz. Sell off Thiago, he wants out anyway, Alaba, Tolliso and Martinez and add Dest & Kai. We've got enough depth to easily absorb the four losses. Kai is a once in ten year talent that can eventually replace Meueller and has shown late this season that he can also play striker.

Get him and not only will we continue to dominate the Bundesliga, but be a serious ongoing Champions Leauge contender.

[quote="OhioFan" post=392078]Haevertz is not that good.[/quote]

He's what twenty? If it wasn't for this covid situation a lot of teams would be lining up for him.

I guess we'll find out over the next few years at Chelsea. Don't be surprised if he and Werner come back to bite us in the a-s in future Champions League action.

Lewa is not going to go on forever, Meuller even less so, Kai would have been the answer to several situations/

I'm really not into soccer beyond the international level for the US but I do follow the teams that have our best young talent.

Chelsea - Pulisic
Dortmund - Gio Reyna
Leipzig - Tyler Adams
Lille - Tim Weah
Fortuna Dusseldorf - Zach Stefan

Very excited to see how Reyna develops. I think he, Pulisic and Adams have a chance to be very special.

Who else should I be keeping an eye on?

Last edited:
[quote="SJUFAN2" post=392165]I'm really not into soccer beyond the international level for the US but I do follow the teams that have our best young talent.

Chelsea - Pulisic
Dortmund - Gio Reyna
Leipzig - Tyler Adams
Lille - Tim Weah
Fortuna Dusseldorf - Zach Stefan

Very excited to see how Reyna develops. I think he, Pulisic and Adams have a chance to be very special.

Who else should I be keeping an eye on?[/quote]

Weston McKinnie on Schalke for now. But their coach is horrible and lot of rumblings that Weston will be sold this off-season. Schalke has never consistently played him in one position. Him and Adams are both talked of as future USMNT captains. He's also unfortunately hurt a lot.

Back