Dayton vs. SJU

88grad

Amazing game on espn2 right now. Ladies were down 13 at halftime and SJU scored a basket as time expired. Heading to OT!!!

tough loss double OT. Man this team has had so many close losses.
After awhile you wonder how many learning experiences you can have.

Tough loss
Girls played a great game
Perez was tremendous coming off the bench
Once Nadirah fouled out, you kinds knew it was going to go south
I hope Joey T has a top notch PG coming in next season
Doesn't look like we have one on the current roster for next year

A very tough loss for the ladies in double overtime.
They were a big underdog and the fact they took a 27-2 team to double ot is just great in my opinion.
I think a star was born in Ashley Perez who had a career high of 17 points this afternoon. Lets hope she can continue in such fashion next season.
By the way the ladies who were a poor free throw shooting team at the beginning of the season were 19/21 today, a testament to the great coaching these ladies are receiving.
Congrats to all on a very successful season.
Congrats to Shennika and Nadirahh who both had great games and leave as 2 of our all-time best players without a doubt.
The future looks bright for the women with 2 top 100 players coming in, Eugenia returning, 2 top transfers and hopefully Sandra Odobi will be healthier next season and be able to contribute in the fashion that was expected of her.

As bad as the men played, the women, with 4 seniors, lost to a freshmen filled Dayton team at home.  
Nadirah McKenith played a good game for the lady Storm. Unfortunately, no one reminded her that with 36 seconds left and SJ up 2, all she needed to do was hold the ball and get fouled but instead within 10 seconds she decides to drive and commit an offensive foul, effectively giving the game to Dayton. Sad way to end a great career and the pain on her face tells me she will re-live that last play her entire life.

I was at the game. Not only were they down 13 at the half, they were still down by 13 with about 5 minutes to go in regulation. Yes, Dayton has a lot of Frosh, and Sophs., but 2 of their 3 best players were the 2 seniors on the roster. So, they have a nice blend of youth and experience. Many thought they got jobbed by being a #7 seed, and for the first 35 minutes, they seemed to prove that point.

Poor play by McKenith in the end, but I never begrudge someone for being aggresive (even if it's not that smart). I understood, she thought there was an opening, and thought she saw a 2-possession lead in sight. What really sucked was, after that, we played what I thought was a great defensive possession, forced that girl into a tougher shot, and she still hit it to tie the score.

I can't get too upset at her. She and Perez brought them back (Perez had many of her 17 points during the late run, and Nadirah was one rebound short of a triple-double before she fouled out). Both coaches should be taken to task for the end of regulation, IMO.

I suppose I'd be more upset if I lived and died with the women's team as much as I did with the men. Instead, I feel like I just witnessed a classic (first double-OT game in the women's tourney since 2000).

As bad as the men played, the women, with 4 seniors, lost to a freshmen filled Dayton team at home.  
Nadirah McKenith played a good game for the lady Storm. Unfortunately, no one reminded her that with 36 seconds left and SJ up 2, all she needed to do was hold the ball and get fouled but instead within 10 seconds she decides to drive and commit an offensive foul, effectively giving the game to Dayton. Sad way to end a great career and the pain on her face tells me she will re-live that last play her entire life.

No desire to disagree but only 3 seniors played for us and of those 3 Mary played a total of 8 minutes.
Both Shennika and Nadirah had excellent games but I will have to take your word that Nadirah made a very poor play at the end of the game. Other than that she played a tremendous game with over 20 poits, 10 boards and 9 assists. Clearly she played one of the great games in SJU history but a very sad way to end her career.

Back