Danielle Wilson

MarkRedman

Danielle was mentioned as a possible transfer to our women's program awhile back
She was an excellent high school player on Long Island (6'3" forward at St John the Baptist) and played three seasons at Baylor
I always wondered what happened to her
There is an article in today's Newsday, explaining that she had a son and left Baylor
She is playing at Dowling College (Division II) on Long Island this year
She is the East Coast Conference Player of the Year and had 27 pts, 15 rebounds, 5 blocks and 2 steals in the conf. title game to lead her team to the NCAA tournament

You can lead a horse to water but cannot force the horse to drink.
Staff did everything possible to get her into SJU but you have to go to class and practice.
What a waste as we would have been a final four team with her last season.

Danielle was mentioned as a possible transfer to our women's program awhile back
She was an excellent high school player on Long Island (6'3" forward at St John the Baptist) and played three seasons at Baylor
There is an article in today's Newsday, explaining that she had a son and left Baylor
She is the East Coast Conference Player of the Year and had 27 pts, 15 rebounds, 5 blocks and 2 steals in the conf. title game to lead her team to the NCAA tournament

Could you please provide a link to the article. Wilson, playing at D2, if healthy is playing far below her talent level. She was a Wooden finalist, one of 18 women nominated for the best player in the nation. She is from Bay Shore, so Oakldale is pretty close to home. I knew her as a teenager, as she wasn an AAU teammate of my daughter. Very intelligent and sweet girl, and a very nice Mom who played at Adelphi.

Could you please provide a link to the article. Wilson, playing at D2, if healthy is playing far below her talent level. She was a Wooden finalist, one of 18 women nominated for the best player in the nation. She is from Bay Shore, so Oakldale is pretty close to home. I knew her as a teenager, as she wasn an AAU teammate of my daughter. Very intelligent and sweet girl, and a very nice Mom who played at Adelphi.

Here you go:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/colle...f-dowling-has-career-in-perspective-1.4789285

Back