Daily News -- St. John's faces hot Cincinnati

Della9250

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/ncaa-basketball/st-john-storm-faces-hot-cincinnati-bearcats-team-lost-brawl-xavier-musketeers-article-1.1002125

Have a good feeling about the game against those thugs from Cincy. Just hope our guys are smart enough to absorb the cheap-shots, make our free throws and get back on 'D'... also think today maybe Phil Green's coming out party. :eek:hmy: :cheer:

Prediction : The "Deangelo, Mo... and Green" show save the day. Johnnies edge cincy 73-70!!

[attachment]86-rotate-men3.jpg[/attachment]

Have a good feeling about the game against those thugs from Cincy. Just hope our guys are smart enough to absorb the cheap-shots, make our free throws and get back on 'D'... also think today maybe Phil Green's coming out party. :eek:hmy: :cheer:

Prediction : The "Deangelo, Mo... and Green" show save the day. Johnnies edge cincy 73-70!!

[attachment]86-rotate-men3.jpg[/attachment]

No Mo but plenty of DAngelo...... Great win

[quote="John" post=13687
No Mo but plenty of DAngelo...... Great win[/quote] 

Great win and I will take Mo's stats any day of the week.
If he puts up stats like that every game kid would be nominated to the All American Team.

[quote="John" post=13687

If he puts up stats like that every game kid would be nominated to the All American Team.[/quote] 

If he keeps it up, and I'm confident he will, he should be on every publication's/organization's postseason All-Freshmen team. He won't be, but he should be.

[quote="John" post=13687

If he puts up stats like that every game kid would be nominated to the All American Team.

If he keeps it up, and I'm confident he will, he should be on every publication's/organization's postseason All-Freshmen team. He won't be, but he should be.[/quote] 

Don't know why the pessimism but if he maintains these stats he will be on the All American team.

[quote="John" post=13687

If he keeps it up, and I'm confident he will, he should be on every publication's/organization's postseason All-Freshmen team. He won't be, but he should be.

Don't know why the pessimism but if he maintains these stats he will be on the All American team.[/quote]

I just think voters don't care enough about St. John's. And with Davis and Gilchrist already locks for all-rookie teams, that just leave three open spots. And my gut feeling is that those spots will go to players from more beloved programs.

Not sure why Kidd-Gilchrist is a lock with 13.6 points per game. Both of our guys have played better. Jury's still out on that one.

Not sure why Kidd-Gilchrist is a lock with 13.6 points per game. Both of our guys have played better. Jury's still out on that one.

The media loves Kidd-Gilchrist. He's good for sure, but on a loaded team. Those awards go to players on top teams generally.

Understood. Why would the media let merit get in the way of a good popularity contest? I like the performance of our guys better, especially given the fewer options we have and more defensive scrutiny that Moe and D are getting. These kids are really growing up fast.

Sorry I could not be there gentlemen but I am pretty sure my wife would have cut me if I skipped out on my kids wedding. Turns out it was a fantastic day all around. The family is bigger and come Monday morning all of my students who were talking **** on Thursday, because they are UC fans, will have to eat crow.  

Back