Connecticut (MSG), Sat., Feb. 3, 12 NOON, FOX

Giving SJU two points for home court that means the odd makers have a five and a half point discrepancy between the number one team in the country Conn , and SJU ,ranked somewhere around thirty five.
Has there ever been a closer ranking. Parity is certainly here.

Expecting Joel to come with high energy from the get go tomorrow. Just hope he doesn't get in early foul trouble.
needs to approach defensive effort against Clingan based on where he is shooting from. If you body up and he is forced to take over the shoulder 5 footers, you’ve done your job. No need to steal ball.

This all assuming he doesn’t continually break down the defense by chasing guards on perimeter

Coaches often call fans attending games as "our 6th man". I can't think of any greater example of that being later today at the Garden.

How we fans "play" could have a major impact on the result of the game. If we are loud, supportive, and refuse to be drowned out or silenced especially if/when UCONN gets on a roll, it may just translate into bursts of adrenalin and superior play by our guys.

We often slam our guys after a loss as "not being ready to play". Today, the same applies to us as "sixth man". Be ready to play, folks. This is our home, and the really important thing about home is that we can't let anyone into our home to ransack it.

There is no arena in the world where the chant of "DeeFense Deefense DeeFense" shook the rafters thunderously and spurred the home team more than at MSG. The chant may have been invented here, and if not invented, cetainly perfected.

Let's bring it tomorrow, fellow 6th men. It may nor msy not result in a win, but New Yorkers more than anyone else, and maybe Queens folk more than anyone else, live by the creedo of leaving it all on the floor.

LGFJ!!! L-G-F-J!!!
Maybe a new chant.
+1000

Too add to this I wish our band would be queued up to drown out UCONN fans when they start to chant

Strutted around the grocery store this morning in my red STJ sweatshirt. Felt really good. Hope I still feel good around 2:15.

My concern is this…I don’t think they blow out UConn. If they’re going to win it’ll be a close game and unfortunately it’s been hard to trust this team to win close games against good teams. Outside of coaching (I’ll still take Pitino over Hurley any day when it comes to in game coaching) they have every other advantage. Including a track record of getting the win down the stretch. So I’m having a hard time envisioning a W here.

I’ll be watching and rooting like hell though so hopefully the guys play a complete 40 minutes and prove me wrong. Go Johnnies
Unfortunately, successful coaching is a direct product of player execution, formulating and communicating a winning strategy or approach in game, especially at winning time, means little if the players don’t execute and so far they just haven’t.

Back