Clingan to NBA

Brook Lopez was a lottery pick in the NBA draft (#10). In his first 8 years in the league Lopez, who is a guy roughly Clingan's size took minimal to no three pointers but in his last 8 has developed into a very good standstill three point shooter (mid 30s%). What he has been through all those years is a good shot blocker in the middle.
Not saying Clingan will do the same, and Brook was a 10 not 1 pick, but he has stuck around through working hard at expanding his offensive game.

Brook Lopez was a lottery pick in the NBA draft (#10). In his first 8 years in the league Lopez, who is a guy roughly Clingan's size took minimal to no three pointers but in his last 8 has developed into a very good standstill three point shooter (mid 30s%). What he has been through all those years is a good shot blocker in the middle.
Not saying Clingan will do the same, and Brook was a 10 not 1 pick, but he has stuck around through working hard at expanding his offensive game.
If this is the view on Clingan , where does Edey fit in the draft ?

If he’s a top 3 prospect this draft sucks

And I don’t mean to come off as hating on him. He’s just the type of big you can usually get in the 20-30 range. Top 3? Oooff
First off, even folks who don’t follow the NBA knows this is a poor draft or as you put it “sucks”. So if you are going to declare, this is the year.

There are a few centers who have stuck around by being able to rebound and block shots making a very nice living while doing it.

Not many big guys can move like Clingan. If he keeps the knees healthy he'll stick around a long time. Would it be nice if he made $60 million a year on his second contract? Of course. But if you stick around making a couple million for 15+ years, you are still having a pretty nice retirement.

Why can’t he be a good college player who affects a game and an adequate center in the NBA? Nothing wrong with that and he will be set for life.
Clingan (obviously) was a very good college center, but other good centers in the Big East (Soriano was one) played him well. With NBA centers bigger, more athletic, and more talented (not to mention bigger and stronger 3's and 4's) I don't see Clingan as anything that would stand out.

Agree that nothing wrong with staying healthy and having a long career on an NBA roster. Considering the number of players who are better in the NBA than theybwere in college, who really knows how he will develop.

The money that 8th or 9th rotation players make in the NBA is sick. These guys not only need wealth managers to wisely invest funds relatively conservatively but also live off only a small portion of their nat salary while investing for their long term prosperity.

Actually NIL recipients can implement a smaller version of this. With college expenses covered by scholarship, players wpuld be smart to use 25% of net proceeds on livong well, but safely investing the bulk on a mix of equities and fixed rate return instruments, including IRAs.

Clingan (obviously) was a very good college center, but other good centers in the Big East (Soriano was one) played him well. With NBA centers bigger, more athletic, and more talented (not to mention bigger and stronger 3's and 4's) I don't see Clingan as anything that would stand out.

Agree that nothing wrong with staying healthy and having a long career on an NBA roster. Considering the number of players who are better in the NBA than theybwere in college, who really knows how he will develop.

The money that 8th or 9th rotation players make in the NBA is sick. These guys not only need wealth managers to wisely invest funds relatively conservatively but also live off only a small portion of their nat salary while investing for their long term prosperity.

Actually NIL recipients can implement a smaller version of this. With college expenses covered by scholarship, players wpuld be smart to use 25% of net proceeds on livong well, but safely investing the bulk on a mix of equities and fixed rate return instruments, including IRAs.
And paying the taxes due on the NIL. I still remember when the IRS came after Malik Sealy and his family for not paying the required taxes on his off campus stipend. I doubt any of our players even thought that was taxable income and reportable and I have no idea on why they chose Sealy to go after.

And paying the taxes due on the NIL. I still remember when the IRS came after Malik Sealy and his family for not paying the required taxes on his off campus stipend. I doubt any of our players even thought that was taxable income and reportable and I have no idea on why they chose Sealy to go after.
One of our historically largest donors with Wall Street success was asked by Rick to speak to players about how to handle their newfound income. Theybare being schooled on income tax liabilities and other aspects but obviously we need more.

For many or most NIL recipients these proceeds may be the only income they ever receive that is entirely discretionary. What they do with that can pay huge dividends down the road.

One of our historically largest donors with Wall Street success was asked by Rick to speak to players about how to handle their newfound income. Theybare being schooled on income tax liabilities and other aspects but obviously we need more.

For many or most NIL recipients these proceeds may be the only income they ever receive that is entirely discretionary. What they do with that can pay huge dividends down the road.
We have a very good School of Business( Tobin) . Maybe with NIL $$$ so prominent these days , the University and Pitino should strongly suggest the Student Athletes take some Business and Finance Courses instead , of some other useless subjects .

Ledlum was taking some International Business Courses this season . Possibly prefacing his playing overseas . Smart move on his part
Then again , Ledlum is a pretty smart guy to begin with .

As for Kressa , if he can shoot to the standard Pitino wants and likely can , that takes precedence over his defense . To a extent .

Ted Williams was once quoted as saying “ You don’t need to wear a Necktie , if you can Hit .
I doubt any fan comes to the Ballpark to see me play Left Field .”
Williams was famous for never wearing a tie .

We have a very good School of Business( Tobin) . Maybe with NIL $$$ so prominent these days , the University and Pitino should strongly suggest the Student Athletes take some Business and Finance Courses instead , of some other useless subjects .

Ledlum was taking some International Business Courses this season . Possibly prefacing his playing overseas . Smart move on his part
Then again , Ledlum is a pretty smart guy to begin with .

As for Kressa , if he can shoot to the standard Pitino wants and likely can , that takes precedence over his defense . To a extent .

Ted Williams was once quoted as saying “ You don’t need to wear a Necktie , if you can Hit .
I doubt any fan comes to the Ballpark to see me play Left Field .”
Williams was famous for never wearing a tie .
And for hitting!

Without Question . Only Player to hit ..406 since 1941. No matter what era , Teddy Ballgame has to be in anyone’s/ everyone’s top 5 hitters of All Time .
I had a friend, as a teenager, who went to a summer baseball camp run by TW. They played BB all day, every day. He said TW was a tough SOB, and just to get under TW’s skin he used to call him Fred (Williams).
Great American fighter pilot, in WWII and Korea.

Would you pick Edey or Clingan?
I would take Clingan over Edey . Edey in my mind is what he’s going to be as a Player. Not much room for him to be other than what he is .

Clingan has more potential and has a better overall game .

Of course , UCONN showed once again how over rated Conferences like the Big 10. ACC, etc are .

Clingan moves better than Edey , up and down the Court .

Back