Clingan to NBA

If he stays healthy, big if, I think he can safely have a 8 year career as a defensive-first, rebounding guy. Maybe won't make any all-stars, but he's a guy you'd want on your team.

Is that a guy you draft in the high lottery though?
In this draft, I don't think you have a choice. There's a bunch of overseas guys, none of which seem to be prodigy prospects, and then you have a guy like Reed Shepherd being mocked as a top 5 pick. Reed Shepherd!

I"m not sure where he fits in. I don't think he is athletic enough to guard high end big men in the NBA and his offense is limited to offensive tip ins and slams. He was very good playing against guys much smaller than him, but not sure he will stack up well against guys that are closer to his size and / or significantly more athletic than the average Big East center.

I wanted Clingan for the Knicks at like 22. But look at any mock draft, and how many players should really be drafted ahead of him? I don't think there's that many clear cases of that.

If he’s in the running for the number one overall pick, this may be the weakest draft in decades. He’s a very good college player but an NBA star???????

I take the NBA draft with a small grain of salt. Two of the leading candidates for MVP this year (Jokic & Brunson) were drafted # 41 and #33. On the other hand you have Tatum & Doncic both top 3 picks. I remember the kid Fultz who was a #1 pick several years ago has never really panned out.

I will say don't underestimate character & hard work when it comes to success in the NBA.

Back