Catholic Universities/Endowments

monte

2023 $upporter 2022 $upporter
Since much has been made of our supposed financial struggles, I figured I'd do a little homework. Turns out we have the 9th largest endowment of all Catholic Universities. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Except we are the largest Catholic University, are behind DePaul and have a red arrow pointing downward next to our name which probably means we are falling like a stone and it’s probably because of our putrid basketball program. 🤪

Since much has been made of our supposed financial struggles, I figured I'd do a little homework. Turns out we have the 9th largest endowment of all Catholic Universities. Not too shabby if you ask me.

LOL. That's like saying we're the 9th best Bodega in NY so let's go head to head with Whole Foods.

Here's a more sobering look. The top endowments in NY State. Some real sports powerhouses there. Obviously endowment has no direct tie to athletics but just playing the game.

LOL. That's like saying we're the 9th best Bodega in NY so let's go head to head with Whole Foods.

Here's a more sobering look. The top endowments in NY State. Some real sports powerhouses there. Obviously endowment has no direct tie to athletics but just playing the game.

So we're number 13 in a state with a handful of Ivies and a slew of other stellar colleges. Again, not too shabby.

Except we are the largest Catholic University, are behind DePaul and have a red arrow pointing downward next to our name which probably means we are falling like a stone and it’s probably because of our putrid basketball program. 🤪
DePaul currently has a larger enrollment I believe

DePaul has less competition for good students in Chicago than we do in the nYC metro area. Now I know Chicago has great universities, but NY has more.

Back