Buzz Williams 2-step

sookjo

OMG, just caught the Buzz Williams 2-step dance to John Denver's 'Country Road' last night after Marquette beat West Virginia. The crowd was furious, I thought they were going to rush him on the court.

Gotta love Buzz, I think the dance was due to WV leaving the Big East and Buzz's way to say good-bye and good riddance.

Way to go Buzz!!!

I loved it... Saw it live. Screw those.Big 12 dirtbags.

Did not see it but was weak move Couldn't see any other coach in our league doing that

You are lost my friend

It was great, all done in good fun...he is on the record as a big country music fan.. youtube Buzz Williams singing

I have grown to love the guy, even after he was running it up on us in the Big East tournament...but that was during the Roberts debacle, so what should we have expected.

Did not see it but was weak move Couldn't see any other coach in our league doing that

You are lost my friend

It was great, all done in good fun...he is on the record as a big country music fan.. youtube Buzz Williams singing

I have grown to love the guy, even after he was running it up on us in the Big East tournament...but that was during the Roberts debacle, so what should we have expected.

If he did this at half court of the garden would it be in good fun? I love him as a coach and think hes got a good style but the move was pretty classless imo

You are lost my friend

If he did this at half court of the garden would it be in good fun? I love him as a coach and think hes got a good style but the move was pretty classless imo

Exactly, if this happened on our court, this board especially would be ripping him

Does WVU ever play the Toots and the Maytals version of that song? Great cover of a song I could care less about. Even the Yankees play the Liza Minelli version of "New York, New York" sometimes.

1) Country roads is a great tune

2) I've been to Morgantown several times, their fans are dirtbags. We don't see if as much in bball, but go to a football game and you'll see the true WVU colors. I have no love lost for them

Not the classiest move I've ever seen, but it was all in good fun. He celebrated. Oh well. Don't lose and teams won't celebrate on your court... 

Buzz is a very good coach.

Good for Buzz. I am glad he took the opportunity to dance in Morgantown.

Good riddance to West Virginia. I hope they enjoy getting beat in football by "big boys" Texas, Oklahoma and others. 

I saw it live and I heard him talk to the announcers about the reaction from the fans. I think there were not too many fans that actually watched it. Small group right behinds Raf looked like they wanted to kill him, I think they threw stuff at him.

If I were a WV fan I'd have hated it.

Since I am not I don't care.

He is a good coach that is for sure. Crean leaves and they don't skip a beat. Smallish Catholic school beating a bigger state football school going to the Big 12 colors my point of view, so, on balance, not the classiest, but too bad for them. 

Normally I would say classless but because it was against those traitors at WVU I thought it was awesome

Agree. A nice kiss-off to WVU, their fans, and Morgantown.  

If I were Huggy, I personally wouldn't want my fans to get that crazed over something so trivial. A few of them looked like they would have chopped Buzz with an ax if there was one handy.

If I were Huggy, I personally wouldn't want my fans to get that crazed over something so trivial. A few of them looked like they would have chopped Buzz with an ax if there was one handy.

The only thing Huggy cared about at that point was where his next beer was going to come from. LOL 

I love Buzz. He's a wonderful coach and a good guy. He was not rubbing it in anybody's face. If you missed the game, he suspended four starters for an unspecified team rules violation. 3 of them sat out the first half, and the fourth one sat out the second half. Marquette came from down 17 to win by one despite bricking 2 free throws with seconds left.

If you want to be "Through With Buzz" you can be, but I think he's a credit to the Big East. 

Below is a link to a video of the "Buzz Williams two step".

The West Virginia fans embarrass themselves.

LINK to the Buzz Williams Two Step:
=related

You are lost my friend

Exactly, if this happened on our court, this board especially would be ripping him

Without a doubt a lot of the posters here would've been upset if he did this at MSG. Plus any home student section would react the same way if he or any coach did this.

Back