Big East Tournament

ghostzapper

2023 $upporter
Hard to say for sure but it seems likely we will match up with either Pittsburgh or Villanova on the first day of the Big East tourney. Certainly it is within our range to win either of those two games if we bring our A game. If we win and move on, then it looks like we might play Louisville, Cincinnati or South Florida next on day two. Any of these games would be more difficult for us to win, but again not impossible when we are playing our best.

From where I sit the season has exceeded expectations given the circumstances we had to endure. That being said having watched these kids lay it on the line all year, against the odds, it is hard not to root for some more wins to add to their resume. As fans we usually remember the last games more than the early ones. Here's hoping for more success down the stretch for a group that has a bright future. 

Granted we shouldn't be risking looking ahead to the 2nd round but I wouldn't mind a rubber match against Cinci.

Hard to say for sure but it seems likely we will match up with either Pittsburgh or Villanova on the first day of the Big East tourney. Certainly it is within our range to win either of those two games if we bring our A game. If we win and move on, then it looks like we might play Louisville, Cincinnati or South Florida next on day two. Any of these games would be more difficult for us to win, but again not impossible when we are playing our best.

From where I sit the season has exceeded expectations given the circumstances we had to endure. That being said having watched these kids lay it on the line all year against the odds, it is hard not to root for some more wins to add to their resume. As fans we usually remember the last games more than the early ones. Here's hoping for more success down the stretch for a group that has a bright future.

Running into Louisville on no rest is tough for a six-man team, but I really don't fear any early opponents other than that one. We have more talent than some other teams that have gotten hot and lucky at the right time before, so you never know...

Would love to play South Florida again. They are just not that good, plus nobodies won't be hitting threes all over the place. 

Finish the year by beating Pitt Wednesday Night, then Rutgers, then onto the BET, hey look at Uconn last year they had to play on Tuesday too! 

Back