Be Careful What You Wish For

NYCRedmen

Ok, so this may be a stretch but has anyone else made a comparison lately of out soon to be ex-members and soon to be new members? The ACC wanted Syracuse and Pitt to improve their football league (so they say), so lets start with football first.

Syracuse - the Orange did not even make a bowl game this year after showing such promise last year under new coach Doug Marrone. No matter how much they may want to "add a NYC" presence to the ACC, if you don't win (which they have not done in many years) you are irrelevant when it comes to college football.

Pitt - Yes they are in a bowl game (ironically with future Big East member SMU) but can anyone ever recall such an embarrassing revolving door of head coaches the last 2 years? Talk about instability. I am sure this will have recruits jumping at the chance to play for Pitt. Lets hope SMU smacks royally, that will be the icing on the cake.

Houston - destroyed a Big 10 team in their bowl game (yes we all know about the baggage Penn St has been dealing with lol)

Boise St. - destroyed a Pac 10 team in their bowl game.

SDSU did lose their bowl game but it was a respectable showing losing by only 2.

UCF was a disappointment but lets not forget they were a Top 25 team last year and beat Georgia out of the SEC last year in a bowl game.

Basketball

Pitt - has already fallen out of the Top 25 and has 2 home losses, 2 against unranked non-conference teams.

Syracuse - yes, they are #1 but I am sure the ACC loves the attention Syracuse has gotten (and will be getting) now that there is a lawsuit against Boehim and the University for sex abuse allegations.

UCF - currently 10 -3 and already has a win over a Top 25 team

Houston & SMU having respectable starts (8-5 & 8-6 respectively) ok, nothing to brag about yet.

i didn't include West Virginia in this because whether we like it or not, their decision to leave was more in response to what SU & Pitt did. Now don't get me wrong, I know that Big East hoops will always be better with Syracuse and Pitt. But if Pitt and Syracuse are not able to deliver for the ACC like they have for the Big East, the 2 of them & the ACC will have received their just dessert.

I posted a "beautiful" piece and it disappeared - the gist was

One never knows do one...

Is Boston College gleeful after their departure from the Big one???

Small non-football Catholic schools can make it alone - Gonzaga, Xavier, Dayton can join and fit right into Villanova. G'Town, Seton Hall, Marquette, DePaul, Providence, AND OF COURSE St. John's…have I missed any???

all the best

Speaking of Syracuse ..... at halftime of the Cuse and Providence game, Boeheim, on SNY, said once in the ACC he would continue to play old rivals such as ; St.John's, G'town and possibly Nova. Probably wouldn't ever play Providence again.

Speaking of Syracuse ..... at halftime of the Cuse and Providence game, Boeheim, on SNY, said once in the ACC he would continue to play old rivals such as ; St.John's, G'town and possibly Nova. Probably wouldn't ever play Providence again.

Screw 'em, he just wants to come into MSG and show his face and promise area recruits they'll get a chance to play at the Garden. I hope he enjoys all his road trips to the far reaches of the ACC, where he'll be real welcome. :evil: Traitors.

Great to watch future Big East dual sports member SMU thrash Pitt football 28-6 yesterday in their bowl. Couple that with Pitt basketball imploding, Syracuse football in the toilet and well... Poetic justice. Hopefully Boeheim retires soon and really makes their future bright in the ACC.  

Screw 'em, he just wants to come into MSG and show his face and promise area recruits they'll get a chance to play at the Garden.

So true.

I'd play them on campus, but we all know that would never happen, because as pointed out in an earlier post, money talks.

This isn't amateur sports, this is BIG business.

Back