B.E Tourney

Congratulations to Coach Mazur and the team on winning the BE title. It was an up and down year but they came together in the tournament for a well deserved championship. Well done.

Just finished watching the tape and I must say how gratifying it is to beat the #4 team in America. I think we have 16 players that are either freshmen or sophs so winning the trophy in a year when SJ began the season unranked is amazing!! Great steal by out British import to steal the game!!!

Nine BE championships!! Congrats!

Congratulations to Coach Mazur and the team on winning the BE title. It was an up and down year but they came together in the tournament for a well deserved championship. Well done.

I am not sure why some fans think this was an "up-and-down" year. This team was a young (10 frosh, 6 sophs) unranked team in September. Four of their losses were to top 10 teams. The only surprise losses were to Villanova at Villanova in a game that should have been cancelled since it was played in sub-human conditions and a double O/T loss to Rutgers at home. They avenged both the Nova and Uconn losses in the BE Tourney. This was one of the youngest and least experienced SJ's soccer team to win the 9th BE championship. Regardless of what they do in the NCAA, this was a great year for our team!

Man was this awesome to see live! As soon as the student section arrived we got into shouting matches with the Uconn students, and I can safely say I have a higher IQ than their entire student body combined. I gotta tell you, I really wish alot of our soccer crowd went to basketball games (and vice versa), because after going to quite a few soccer games on the road, we're still the only student section to actually get creative with our chants towards the team and our players. Everyone else just steals chants from other schools or pro teams (Uconn students did the "I believe that we will win" from Utah State, in which we retaliated with "I believe that's Utah State"). The faces on those Uconn students after we won and having to watch us celebrate were priceless. I was also in West Virginia 2 years ago to watch us win the Big East title, and I'm thrilled I got to see a couple titles in person while a student, especially my senior year, but now I'm ready to watch us cut the nets down!!!!

WE ARE...

Back