Aime Leon Dore

Fashion and NYC go hand in hand, this is supposed to be New York City’s team, right? Not really understanding all the negativity and I rarely ever buy clothes. In today’s world it’s all about being visible and getting your brand seen. Pitino talks about how the university has no brand because they let it die. You guys sound ridiculous, pretty much only rich people can afford to live in NYC anyway nowadays, if they break into high end fashion that would be great. Young people love this type of stuff if it works out.
Hate(d) overpriced “name” sneakers being sold to “young people” that couldn’t afford them and feel the same about sweatshirts or whatever. And the notion that “pretty much only rich people” can afford NY is such a nonsensical statement as to not even reach the heights of sounding “ridiculous”.
I have no dog in the race as to whether this brand associates itself with St. John’s, not my business, but to attempt to put down people because they have a different view of it than you do, is, well, what is ridiculous.

Hate(d) overpriced “name” sneakers being sold to “young people” that couldn’t afford them and feel the same about sweatshirts or whatever. And the notion that “pretty much only rich people” can afford NY is such a nonsensical statement as to not even reach the heights of sounding “ridiculous”.
I have no dog in the race as to whether this brand associates itself with St. John’s, not my business, but to attempt to put down people because they have a different view of it than you do, is, well, what is ridiculous.
I didn’t put anyone down the dude trying to help improve the brand was the one getting shot down if anything. You’re either upper middle class or higher, living in affordable housing or a migrant in NYC right now there’s nothing in between. Maybe if you’re lucky your family held on to their property they bought way back in the day. I don’t know your background but I’m speaking from my experience being born and raised in the city and being priced out and forced to leave which has happened to literally thousands of people. Why’d you put young people in quotations like that’s something that doesn’t exist smart guy? Recruits and college students are young people and a lot of them are into fashion that was my point. Sounds like some hatin a** sh*t going on that’s why I spoke up for the guy, be mad I don’t care buddy.

also, who runs flatop? unlike storm marketing, feels like they do more partnership, collabs, events..... which is a great!
I thought it was Anthony Zito
i'll reiterate: this is about building the St. John's brand. We are irrelevant.

don't take my word for it, just look here at the top college brands in the U.S.: https://go.collegevine.com/brand-index-by-school-type

St. John's is nowhere to be found.

the SJU brand needs a jolt. collaborations like this will help.

and yes, people are excited about the collab, if the comments on Instagram are believed:

Fully agree..but that survey is no where from reality..

Just looking at public list.

William & Mary # 7, Chicago St. #13, Colorado School of Mines # 15 ?? 🤣

Even High Point U is above NYU... too funny

I thought it was Anthony Zito

Fully agree..but that survey is no where from reality..

Just looking at public list.

William & Mary # 7, Chicago St. #13, Colorado School of Mines # 15 ?? 🤣

Even High Point U is above NYU... too funny
Sure. Def take with grain of salt. But this list is out there. And people see it. But even the fact we’re not on it says a lot….

Seems like a bunch of bullshit to me, but the owner is Greek so I’m 100% behind it!

This is the best clothing in the world! The people who stitched the sweatshirts are absolute craftsmen and women. They utilized theories from Pythagoras to construct the perfect shape of the hoody to nestle around your head. Tbh these should be retailing for $750. This is a steal!

I didn’t put anyone down the dude trying to help improve the brand was the one getting shot down if anything. You’re either upper middle class or higher, living in affordable housing or a migrant in NYC right now there’s nothing in between. Maybe if you’re lucky your family held on to their property they bought way back in the day. I don’t know your background but I’m speaking from my experience being born and raised in the city and being priced out and forced to leave which has happened to literally thousands of people. Why’d you put young people in quotations like that’s something that doesn’t exist smart guy? Recruits and college students are young people and a lot of them are into fashion that was my point. Sounds like some hatin a** sh*t going on that’s why I spoke up for the guy, be mad I don’t care buddy.
Gutsy going up against the junkyard dog himself.

Back