Aime Leon Dore

redmen4life

i've been vocal about elevating our cultural relevance. this collaboration is a MASSIVE step in the right direction.

ALD is a world renowned brand, currently considered the most premiere fashion brand on the planet. also partially owned by LVMH.

the brand has queens roots as it was founded by queens native Teddy Santis.

while the sweater is basic, and likely to cost well over $100, this feels like a test run. if it does well we should see more.

finally, the resell market for ALD clothing is crazy. consistently selling over 2x - 4x over retail.

this is big.

i've been vocal about elevating our cultural relevance. this collaboration is a MASSIVE step in the right direction.

ALD is a world renowned brand, currently considered the most premiere fashion brand on the planet. also partially owned by LVMH.

the brand has queens roots as it was founded by queens native Teddy Santis.

while the sweater is basic, and likely to cost well over $100, this feels like a test run. if it does well we should see more.

finally, the resell market for ALD clothing is crazy. consistently selling over 2x - 4x over retail.

this is big.

Seems pretty cool but honestly not sure this is really us. This feels like more of a GTown/Nova type thing that could work tbh. I know there’s demand for more SJ gear which I want too. But what is the market for $85 SJ t-shirts other places sell for $20-25? Or hoodies selling for $200 other places sell for $60? Can’t imagine many are looking but maybe I’m getting old! 🤣

Seems pretty cool but honestly not sure this is really us. This feels like more of a GTown/Nova type thing that could work tbh. I know there’s demand for more SJ gear which I want too. But what is the market for $85 SJ t-shirts other places sell for $20-25? Or hoodies selling for $200 other places sell for $60? Can’t imagine many are looking but maybe I’m getting old! 🤣
i hear ya.

but i look at this from a relevance perspective. this brand is HOT. especially we key influencers, celebrities, and young people. so to have our name attached to that, is a big deal... if it's good enough for Lebron, the Mets, action bronson.... it's good enough for St. John's

1728593967785.png1728594028690.png1728594142510.png

this is the exact problem / reason they did this collab.

ALD is one of the most recognizable fashion brands out there right now and are very hot in the 18-45 age space of street wear / high end trendy fashion.

SJU also has a partnership with KITH coming up. Only way things change is if you change them.

Never heard of this brand.

Clearly, I'm not fashionable or trendy.

Hoodie looks nice...Assume quality id great...curious to see if its like $80 nice or $280 nice.
I'm with RedStormNC here, I'm not sure what I'm looking at with ALD, barely a connection to St. John's from what I can see.

ALD is one of the most recognizable fashion brands out there right now and are very hot in the 18-45 age space of street wear / high end trendy fashion.

SJU also has a partnership with KITH coming up. Only way things change is if you change them.
i get it... maybe we draw a some new "fans"? Maybe we see some "celebs" rockin the hoodie... just cause they know the brand is expensive.... ? kinda like how Kanye made a 5$ White T and sold it for 150$ and people buy it cause its Kanye... immaterial people love material things lol...

I'm more a "Starter" guy lol...

$185 Red or Navy Blue (Embroidered logo); Made in Italy

kith would be great too.

i'm going to go broke.

Does Sydney Sweeney wear nothing but this for a week before it goes in the box??

I get simple, I actually appreciate just a plain, basic, “st John’s” across the front. But this is legitimately no better, if not worse, than you’d see from a knockoff you’d find in the clearance section of a TJ max.

All for exposure, so not killing the attempt, but think this is almost set up for failure.

Does Sydney Sweeney wear nothing but this for a week before it goes in the box??

I get simple, I actually appreciate just a plain, basic, “st John’s” across the front. But this is legitimately no better, if not worse, than you’d see from a knockoff you’d find in the clearance section of a TJ max.

All for exposure, so not killing the attempt, but think this is almost set up for failure.
Justifying the price is impossible given how basic it is. But just like a Rolex tells the same time as a Casio, but different price points...

high end fashion is crazy with pricing but paying $185 for a hoodie like this i understand is not for everyone

Justifying the price is impossible given how basic it is. But just like a Rolex tells the same time as a Casio, but different price points...

high end fashion is crazy with pricing but paying $185 for a hoodie like this i understand is not for everyone
Dave, do you know how much goes back to NIL? That's what makes it palatable to me.

Fashion and NYC go hand in hand, this is supposed to be New York City’s team, right? Not really understanding all the negativity and I rarely ever buy clothes. In today’s world it’s all about being visible and getting your brand seen. Pitino talks about how the university has no brand because they let it die. You guys sound ridiculous, pretty much only rich people can afford to live in NYC anyway nowadays, if they break into high end fashion that would be great. Young people love this type of stuff if it works out.

Back