Add Womens Lacrosse Now (Interesting Stat)

Pouchie29

So the Big East Cross Country Championship was held on Saturday, and our women's team was present to participate.... Not for nothing, why do we even have a team, our top runner came in 57th out of 68 runners and our entire team was only able to beat 3 participates in this event. IMO, it seem to me that if your unable to complete why even participate. Furthermore, based on title IX all of these young women are receiving scholarships and is this the best we can achieve offering up free tuition? Just a little note worthy fact, as many as 7 members from each school run, with only the top 5 from each school included in the final team results. Based on that information, our top runner would be unable to make 7 out of the 10 team rosters and would not have contributed to 8 out of 10 team totals. Also even Seton Hall which came in 9th place, had 3 runners that outclassed our best runner.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools.../2013-14/misc_event/131102_BIGEASTXCwomen.pdf

The time has come to add women's lacrosse.....

So the Big East Cross Country Championship was held on Saturday, and our women's team was present to participate.... Not for nothing, why do we even have a team, our top runner came in 57th out of 68 runners and our entire team was only able to beat 3 participates in this event. IMO, it seem to me that if your unable to complete why even participate. Furthermore, based on title IX all of these young women are receiving scholarships and is this the best we can achieve offering up free tuition? Just a little note worthy fact, as many as 7 members from each school run, with only the top 5 from each school included in the final team results. Based on that information, our top runner would be unable to make 7 out of the 10 team rosters and would not have contributed to 8 out of 10 team totals. Also even Seton Hall which came in 9th place, had 3 runners that outclassed our best runner.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools.../2013-14/misc_event/131102_BIGEASTXCwomen.pdf

I've been saying the same for a while. Get rid of women's cross country. Even better get rid of non-competitive women's softball and you can open up that space on campus where the softball team plays, which is valuable land. We'd be competitive in womens lax.

I've been saying the same for a while. Get rid of women's cross country. Even better get rid of non-competitive women's softball and you can open up that space on campus where the softball team plays, which is valuable land. We'd be competitive in womens lax.

I agree about the track team but only 3 BE schools play women's lax, whereas 8 play softball.

I'm with you 100% !!!!

Just doesn't sound right.

Before we sign on to a women's lax team, think they have to improve the locker room for the men's team.

I'm with you 100% !!!!

Before we sign on to a women's lax team, think they have to improve the locker room for the men's team.

The next president/ad have to make sure the lax teams play at Belson.

The baseball and basketball teams have major fund raising dinners every year.

Don't know why they don't have them for lax and soccer.

Would think there would be a healthy interest if they did.

I'm with you 100% !!!!

Sju's lax facilities or lack thereof is a big concern. There are no locker rooms. SJU also needs appropriate stands/stadium. I personally love the field with the backdrop of the D'Angelo center. The problem is that the games are viewed in temporary bleachers with port-a-potties. Teams have no real locker rooms nor facilities to speak of. Playing at Belson would be fine. Playing where they are would be fine as well, but they need a better viewing structure and need some facilities.

Back