A Redmen.com Valentine's Day

Marillac

It's Valentine's Day...how great would it be to get a camera crew to catch a double-date of Bobre-Boo Harvey and IllWill-Poison at the Sly Fox! Could you imagine that table?

Bobre: [to waiter] "You must be slow, I asked for my steak to be rare. This steak is more burnt than a Dunlap-coached zone. I bleed St. John's red and I want my steak to as well.

IllWill: "Just disgraceful...freshmen waiters. There really is no excuse for the Sly Fox to not have replaced the three graduating waiters that were seniors last year with some decent talent. I mean, they had a year's notice, right?"

Bobre: "Who puts all three freshman working the same shift anyway? Just poor shift management. They might have had a chance tonight if they just put the best waiter on tables 4-8."

Boo Harvey: "+1"

Poison: "I heard the Fox hired another three guys, but they couldn't finish the training. You'd think any even mediocore owner could have judged those guys during the interview process. How do you not catch that? The owner needs to accept some accountability."

Bobre: "Hah...accountability? I heard the owner is out looking to buy other restaurants. My connection tells me the owner might never come back at all. He's not even going to sell it apparently, just let the city take it when he doesn't pay the taxes."

Poison: "How's your wine IllWill?"

IllWill: "Wine? Is that what you call it? It's more like Kool-Aid. Let's ask the waiter to show us the bottle, I bet it's from the Redmen.com vineyard"

[Table errupts with laughter, high-five city...Bobre is the mayor]

Boo Harvey: "+1!!! +1!!! +1!!!"

IllWill: "Ha 1 is more wins than the Johnnies will get the rest of the season."

[Marco Baldi and We Are SJU enter the Fox, head over to say hi]

Marco Baldi: "Sup ladies, did you catch the Iona game? Won by 20...it'd be nice if we could get the St. John's starters to give Iona some depth. I doubt they'd make the roster, but they'd be pretty decent in practice."

IllWill: "Only if Dunlap isn't coaching them!"

Boo Harvey: "+1!"

Marco Baldi: "I got a guy...my connection...who just confirmed what my best source told me last week. Apparently Anthony Davis is thinking about transferring to Iona."

[Waiter drops a dish]

IllWill: "That kid is the Forrest Gump of waiters. All I hear about is how this kid is going to be a great waiter, but all I see is him dropping dishes. Just let the busboy do it...I get nervous when ever he takes it to the [dish] rack. It's not his thing...he'll never be good at it."

We Are SJU: "His delivery of that plate was flat. I mean, yeah the first four plates went down fine, but it's just not good looking form. You know what's not flat, though? Kate Upton!"

Bobre: "Oh look. Look at the manager talking to him now. What an idiot..wait until he's back in the kitchen! You don't talk to him then. I bet this kid is off all night now."

Boo Harvey "+1"

Marco Baldi: "I heard the manager is an Iona grad. But I also heard that the reason why no waiters want to work here is because Dante's is paying their guys under the table."

Bobre: "Whattttt!!! That's crazy."

Marco Baldi: "Apparently the Fox ran out of money last year."

We Are SJU: "When you say Fox, do you mean Meagan Fox...she's ridiculous!"

[Greg Bodkin jumps out of his chair across the room and approaches the table]

Greg Bodkin: "Dudes, I asked for a refill and this drunk Uconn fan assaulted me...he knocked my hat right off my head. I hate Uconn fans, man...go back to your farms."

IllWill: "No, you go back to your timeshare in Kissimee and make love to all those other yesmen from Redmen.com. You won't need your rose-colored glasses on Valentine's Day."

[Jumbo Peanuts stands up at the bar]

Jumbo Peanuts: "You weren't assaulted you whiney fairy!"

Poison: "The manager and the waiter went back in the kitchen to talk...let's see how good this manager is. Let's all see what the kid does out of this kitchen time out."

Bobre "Look...the idiot just went and asked table 5 if they wanted a refill of their drinks. Can't he tell they've been waiting for their check for 10 minutes! And this right after the kitchen time out. Poor management man...poor management."

IllWill: "You guys kill me...I'm laughing so hard I'm going to piss myself."

Poison: "Easy Lavin!"

[Table errupts with laughter...high fives all around]

Poison: "Hopefully you won't go six months without bein able to do dinners! This was fun."

Bobre: "No thanks to these waiters and this horrible manager, though."

Boo Harvey: "+1"

Poison: "Preach. These waiters are almost as bad as St. John's. Watching St. John's play a ranked team is like watching Clay Aiken battle a young Chuck Norris in the Octagon!"

IllWill: "Gentleman, cheers to the last great St. John's Player...to Mullin!"

Group: "To Mullin!"

[Marillac, MCNPA, MJDinkins, MJMaher walk into the Fox...the groups circle and snap Westside Story style singing "When you're a Johnny, you're a Johnny for life...don't ever get mad at Lavin, take it out on your wife"]

[Poison sings "You guys are pathetic and so is our zone...for just one freaking minute can you get off Lavin's bone]

Ha! You're trippin'! You must've been buzzing when you wrote this, Marillac. By the way, the latter guys names all begin with the letter "M." Irrelevant, but considering we all are the more "patient" ones you mentioned.... I noticed it.  

Oh man what a way to start my day. This was f'ing funny. This should be a sticky at the top of the forum for the rest of the season. GREAT job Marillac. D@mn I'm still laughing. The +1 is killing me. LOL 

Marillac this is your best post ever. However I take issue with two things.
1. Haven't you heard, apparently I am Bobre. Sean Evans rules! :lol:
2. How come you and Diana Taurasi did not stop by the restaurant ;)  

Who writes your material. Funniest post I have ever read on any St J's site! :)  

Just got to read my first post today. Yours. Busy day. Great piece. Loved it. Still LMAO! Thanks!

Back