A real Field Of Dreams

logen

2023 $upporter

Twelve years ago, a basketball colleague of mine, Chris Kane, was rear ended so violently by a loaded beer truck that his 19 month old son suffered permanent brain damage. Chris, along with his wife and family, through all the trauma and grief of dealing with such an awful tragedy, decided to do something very real about it, not just for their son, but for the whole community of people with disabilities that they were now a part of. So they went to work, very small at first, but they created a relentless momentum that resulted in what you see in the attached video.
Anyway, my sister is retired and volunteers a good deal of her time to this facility, this cause and she happened to call me last night and got me thinking; offered FWIW.

what a touching story Logen, thank you so much for sharing.
The culmination of hard work and dedication from a ton of people volunteering, including, if I may throw in some very good natured snark, the Hurleys, who volunteered some of their time to make a fundraiser with the Harlem Wizards a huge success. Bob Sr. participated in the actual event. My younger brother, who lives in Toms River, and through whom I met Chris, has a pretty funny tape of Hurley and him trash talking each other after the game.

The culmination of hard work and dedication from a ton of people volunteering, including, if I may throw in some very good natured snark, the Hurleys, who volunteered some of their time to make a fundraiser with the Harlem Wizards a huge success. Bob Sr. participated in the actual event. My younger brother, who lives in Toms River, and through whom I met Chris, has a pretty funny tape of Hurley and him trash talking each other after the game.
FYI, Chris was not only a legit player but coached at Christian Brothers Academy in Jersey; that’s his connection to Hurley.

Back