2024 Men’s and Women’s Basketball Media Day - Tues 10/15 1:15pm (ESPN +)

Deivon Smith also said the biggest difference between Utah and his other stops in college and SJU is the attention to detail here at St. John's under Rick.

Also, Vince Iwuchukwu cited the pace being the biggest difference from USC to SJU. Forgot to mention that in my tweet.

Zach:
Some quotes from Pitino today:

On Rutgers Thursday:

"Obviously Thursday is a big day for us to see where we're at. We're playing a top 25-team. We're hoping to raise a lot of money for Dick Vitale's cancer research for children and there's no better [way] to do that than play at a sold-out place on the road to get ready for a season. Rutgers has a very distinct and strong home court advantage."

On Kentucky visit: "It's a Kentucky celebration for the championship teams. If I was with the Knicks, I'd wear orange. It's a celebration of Kentucky. It's not the celebration of St. John's."

Pitino on likely not bringing in any HS players this year:

"I think we have [freshman] Jaiden Glover right now who we are extremely high on; Ruben Prey, another freshman who we are very high on; [Lefteris Liotopoulos], who we're high on. We have enough young players right now where we don't have to take a freshman."

Back