2024 Men’s and Women’s Basketball Media Day - Tues 10/15 1:15pm (ESPN +)

Rick also said Rutgers has a distinct homecourt advantage and that's why we're scrimmaging there. Keep that in mind when he talks about Carnesseca. lol

This part i have a hard time agreeing or understanding. Think you need HS recruits every year as a pipeline. No guarantee the player you need will be in the transfer portal every year. Not seeing go large in HS each year but need to get something FWIW
We only have 2 players graduating this year, and 6 current underclassmen. There's a core in place that can allow a year off of high school recruits.

We only have 2 players graduating this year, and 6 current underclassmen. There's a core in place that can allow a year off of high school recruits.
I have 3 graduating. Smith, Richmond, Scott unless Smith gets another year. That to me would be more reason to bring in a HS player to groom as opposed to a transfer having to assimilate IMHO

This part i have a hard time agreeing or understanding. Think you need HS recruits every year as a pipeline. No guarantee the player you need will be in the transfer portal every year. Not seeing go large in HS each year but need to get something FWIW
Since it seems Matt A does most of the heavy lifting getting players out of the transfer portal and a lot more time and effort is required to recruit HS kids it sure does lessen the work load for Rick freeing him up to attend all the social events he seems to so enjoy.

I have 3 graduating. Smith, Richmond, Scott unless Smith gets another year. That to me would be more reason to bring in a HS player to groom as opposed to a transfer having to assimilate IMHO
Depends on the type of transfer though. I do agree with always wanting to reload with developmental guys with multiple years of eligibility, but maybe one of those transfers coming in is a freshman/sophomore who won't expect PT.

Back