2023-24 Season Outlook

bucketshardy

Sorry, not sorry, guys. I know we are only 3 games in, but the re-commitment (not that he de-committed) of BG got me excited enough to think about the potential of next season.
Let me know if I have this correct-

Potential* Roster Outlook:
No more eligibility: Mathis / Nywie (does he get an extra Covid year?)

PG: Posh / Curbelo / King
SG: Wusu / Storr
Forwards: Jones/Stanley/Drissa/Gardner/Yaxel
Center: Soriano/Keita

- Can Soriano be convinced to use his Covid year?
- I highly doubt we have the same retention rate two years in a row... think odds are we lose a couple to the transfer market / potentially professional ranks
- One can envision a lineup of Posh/Storr/Jones/BG/Soriano...
- Believe our schedule will be naturally tougher (not hard to be compared to this yr) with the Charleston tourney...

Only thing that could de-rail this... would be an underwhelming 22-23 season...CMA leaving...recruits/players leaving...start over...again lol.

But as of now- def glass half full outlook

I've been to the future. Hoverboards, auto-laced shoes. Cubs win the WS over Miami.

Unfortunately I lost Grays sports almanac...

I've been to the future. Hoverboards, auto-laced shoes. Cubs win the WS over Miami.

Unfortunately I lost Grays sports almanac...
Two National League teams in the World Series? They truly are the Senior Circuit.

I think they will all come back unless Jones decides he wants to test the nba waters. If they all stay and with the addition of gardner, St Johns would be the preseason #1 in the big east and a top 15 team in the country.

Sorry, not sorry, guys. I know we are only 3 games in, but the re-commitment (not that he de-committed) of BG got me excited enough to think about the potential of next season.

- I highly doubt we have the same retention rate two years in a row... think odds are we lose a couple to the transfer market / potentially professional ranks
- Believe our schedule will be naturally tougher (not hard to be compared to this yr) with the Charleston tourney...

Only thing that could de-rail this... would be an underwhelming 22-23 season...CMA leaving...recruits/players leaving...start over...again lol.

Highly doubt Soriano will return whether he is NBA ready or not. Can’t imagine both Posh and Curbello return. Playing together may not end up all they had hoped it would be. If Jones has a very good year, he may be gone as well. If any three of the above mentioned don’t return, high end replacements would be necessary to remain competitive.

i mean, only way these guys come back is with serious NIL money.

Soriano will be 24 by the end of the 2024 season.

Jones will be 22...

can't see either of them coming back

i mean, only way these guys come back is with serious NIL money.

Soriano will be 24 by the end of the 2024 season.

Jones will be 22...

can't see either of them coming back
Ya feel the same... if we wanna keep them... gonna have to have a decent package for them.

With a player like Joel... who can probably play pro somewhere... wonder if a good NIL package + Master's degree would tip the scales in our favor compared to his pro options for 23-24... The fact kids can now start cashing in while in College, might sway more of the International pro-level players to stay.

Jones /Soriano will leave a huge hole in production

Just wondering JR, did last night give you this impression?

I know it’s still very early and much too soon to declare it a definite success.
In some ways it did, yes. I felt at times Posh was forcing things a bit more then he usually does on the offensive end. Whether he feels he’s in some sort of competition with Curbello is anyone guess but if you watched his passing, the passes were not very “Posh like”, many had a bit more mustard then the norm.

I will say their defensive tandem on ball pressure was excellent and greatly contributed to the win.

Back