2014 UEFA Champions League

TX Redman

Games resume this week, we are now in the knockout phase. Here are the fixtures:

Home team first, two legs:

Manchester City v Barcelona (Feb 18) (Mar 12)

Arsenal v Bayern Munich (Feb 19) (Mar 11)

Olympiakos v Manchester United (Feb 25) (Mar 19)

AC Milan v Atlético Madrid (Feb 19) (Mar 11)

Bayer Leverkusen v Paris Saint-Germain (Feb 18) (Mar 12)

Galatasaray v Chelsea (Feb 26) (Mar 18)

Schalke 04 v Real Madrid (Feb 26) (Mar 18)

Zenit St Petersburg v Borussia Dortmund (Feb 25) (Mar 19)

Tomorrow's match Arsenal versus Bayern should be quite an eye opener to all you Arsenalanians.

I read the Arsenal plan is to attack the Bavarians, which should lead to several quick Bavarian goals on the counter and the match and two game tie will be over.

Mir ren' boarisch, und Du?

10_thumb.jpg

BM are without Ribery and Shaq.

Arsenal are without Arteta (suspended), Walcott and Ramsey. Nonetheless, I expect big things from the Ox, Rosicky and maybe even Podolski & Ozil.

Last year these two played to a 3-3 draw on aggregate over the two legs, with BM going thru on away goals. On paper, it is not a contest but I think Arsenal are capable of pulling an upset. 2-1 home win.

BM are without Ribery and Shaq.

Arsenal are without Arteta (suspended), Walcott and Ramsey. Nonetheless, I expect big things from the Ox, Rosicky and maybe even Podolski & Ozil.

Last year these two played to a 3-3 draw on aggregate over the two legs, with BM going thru on away goals. On paper, it is not a contest but I think Arsenal are capable of pulling an upset. 2-1 home win.

That sounds like a brewski wager coming.......

Good job I do not gamble :cheer:

All the away teams won -
Man City 0-2 Barca
Leverkusen 0-4 PSG
AC Milan 0-1 A. Madrid
Arsenal 0-2 Bayern M

Cannot see any of the losing teams winning on the road in 3 weeks. Two missed penalties in the Arsenal game, one each. Ozil is an enigma. Chesney was sent off and it was inevitable BM would wear down the 10 man team. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted...

Good job I do not gamble :cheer:

All the away teams won -
Man City 0-2 Barca
Leverkusen 1-4 PSG
AC Milan 0-1 A. Madrid
Arsenal 0-2 Bayern M

Cannot see any of the losing teams winning on the road in 3 weeks. Two missed penalties in the Arsenal game, one each. Ozil is an enigma. Chesney was sent off and it was inevitable BM would wear down the 10 man team. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted...

Wasn't able to watch match.
Were the penalties for both squads legit?
Was Woj's worthy of a red?
Did Robben spit on Yaya?

Was able to watch some of the plays in question.
Ohiofan won't like my opinion of the Woj red card.
Happy to see that the Robben incident was nothing but sweat dropping on Sagna.

Was able to watch some of the plays in question.
Ohiofan won't like my opinion of the Woj red card.
Happy to see that the Robben incident was nothing but sweat dropping on Sagna.
Speaking as a Bayern fan, and more particularly, a Gooner hater, the red was harsh and undeserved. Have to be honest. Another question: was Ozil taking it easy on his buddy Neuer? He shot it right at him.

Both were legit penalties. Tough on Chesney - triple jeopardy - they get the penalty and we are down to ten men and he is suspended for next three games.

Ozil, Ozil, Ozil. Beautiful move to cut back inside and draw the foul but his spot kick was atrocious.

Both BM goals were excellent. And to think they were missing Ribery and could leave Schweinsteiger on the bench.

And spare a thought for Giroud. Chased some tail, tried to cover up and is in the doghouse at work and at home. Naughty boy. :evil:

A card was definitely the right call as was the PK, but I thought it should have been a yellow, not a red.

I don't know whether a red or yellow card should have been drawn on the Arsenal GK. I was happy it was a red, but unhappy about the missed penalty.

OMG, Olympiakos 2-0 Man U. How they mighty have fallen. Nice goal by Joel Campbell (on loan from Arsenal). RvP is now sniping at his team mates and Mr. "$500K per week" Rooney was less than impressive.

Zenit 2-4 Dortmund. Arshavin went off injured...

http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/

A few lean years - to be expected after funding a new $600MM stadium from cash flow - not oil / public / sugardaddy money. The tide is turning though...

Even if we cannot pull off a miracle this afternoon, we are in the semi's of the FA Cup - and odds on favorites to win it - and (for now) third in the league.

Can BM go unbeaten in the Bundesliga this year?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invincibles_(football)

I couldn't resist pulling your leg.....

I am taking off the PM to watch the match today, almost like the old days to watch the BE tournament. It should be a good one, no matter the result. Two top teams with lots of talent everywhere on the pitch.

Die Roten have a chance to stay undefeated, but I would prefer trophies to an unbeaten season in the BL.

[strike]Manchester City[/strike] v Barcelona (Feb 18) (Mar 12)

[strike]Arsenal[/strike] v Bayern Munich (Feb 19) (Mar 11)

[strike]AC Milan [/strike]v Atlético Madrid (Feb 19) (Mar 11)

[strike]Bayer Leverkusen[/strike] v Paris Saint-Germain (Feb 18) (Mar 12)

Group stage winners coming out on top so far.

Final Four: Athletico Madrid, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Bayern Munchen.

Be something if it were an all-Madrid final.

Final Four: Athletico Madrid, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Bayern Munchen.

Be something if it were an all-Madrid final.

Hoping for a Chelsea vs Bayern rematch. Semi's will be great. Probably the four best teams in the world right now. By the way Courtois will not be in goal for Atletico if they draw Chelsea. That could be a major blow.

Back