Mike Repole Piece

He might not be St. John's largest donor (yet or ever), but can't knock him for not giving for things he cares about. Maybe St. John's just isn't as high on his priority list or will come over time to higher levels than he's given already. It's not that he hasn't donated to SJU overall or athletics/ NIL, just not to the levels we may have hoped given his capability.

$50M

$20M

$24M

$500K

$220K

$100K

$50K
Great. He can brag about all the places he has given to - not brag about what he can give, but hasn't yet.

I suspect he may be a big supporter of the basketball practice facility, or even a new/upgraded arena. But he's dangled those things before and didn't deliver, so it would be nice if he held off until he financed a huge NIL get or new facility and/or arena. I think it will happen so that's good, but it's a whole lot better to let others talk about the great things you've done, than to spout off about what you can do but haven't done yet.

Last post on Repole for a while.

Yeah, why don’t we all just let Repole do what he does? He’s one of our most high profile alums, and one of our most successful, and he’s about to get even more of both after Saturday’s Kentucky Derby.

He’s a Queens guy with his own style. I’m fine with that.

Great. He can brag about all the places he has given to - not brag about what he can give, but hasn't yet.

I suspect he may be a big supporter of the basketball practice facility, or even a new/upgraded arena. But he's dangled those things before and didn't deliver, so it would be nice if he held off until he financed a huge NIL get or new facility and/or arena. I think it will happen so that's good, but it's a whole lot better to let others talk about the great things you've done, than to spout off about what you can do but haven't done yet.

Last post on Repole for a while.
Actually, he can brag about anything he wants!

Whether you like it or not is a totally different subject. I'm sure he has his reasons for making statements and then either following through with them or not. Either way, don't think he really cares if you or I find fault with the way he communicates things.

I put a few shekels on Fierceness to win and boxed him with the two Brad Cox horses. Will be watching the race with the wife and a couple of mint juleps in my basement spot usually reserved for SJU games.

Just don’t show him the bottle and pour it in a glass.
View attachment 2788
Usually only drink beer & wine, but make an exception on Derby Day. Buy a bottle of Woodford and use it for a brie cheese ball app recipe and also in a marinade for steak which is grilling now. Make a couple of Mint Juleps for the post parade and if I win will finish it off with a little Woodford on the rocks. Fingers crossed lol!

Back