Yankees 2024 Season

His results as a GM:

The Team is averaging about 97 or 98 wins a year the last few years, so that's terrific.
They never fall off a cliff. The clubhouse / team always seems playing like a team; very little drama.

They also developed the best position player in the league in Judge, and other talent as well.
Holmes, until the very end of the season, looked like a super acquisition.

The playoffs are a crapshoot, and unfortunately the Astros have been a thorn in their side.
The Stanton contract is a little aggravating to me;

The Cole signing is sometimes fine, other times disappointing.
(It's hard to forget he was Cy Young #9 voting this year, which is great...but he is being paid to be Cy Young #1, 2 or #3)
Cole's ERA+ was only 111 this year... so advanced math says he's a bit above average.
(Holmes ERA+ is 154; King was awesome at 171; and Cortes was 163, as comparative #s)

Other pricier starters they've signed or traded for haven't panned out either.

There are reasons for people to grumble. There are reasons to be fine with Cashman re-uppping.
Maybe it's one of those be careful what you wish-for type of things.

I guess it all comes down to wins, his teams keep on wining around 95-100 games a year; so he stays, even though many are not thrilled win the play-off outcomes.

As a Yankee fan, the only thing that matters is winning the MLB World Series. Everything else is BS.

and Hal didn't even have to put any effort into interviewing Cash. Does Hal even have an office?

Locking up the Architect of Champions! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!
Excuse me?

Real Yankee fans know exactly who built this team when George got suspended from baseball for 2 years. Gene "stick" Michael took over and didn't trade the farm for over the hill former stars, he build that chmpionship team. The Cashman becomes the GM, they start winning championships snd it omg omg Cashman is a great GM, lets keep him forever.

Wonder if Brian ever told Gene "Thank you".

Excuse me?

Real Yankee fans know exactly who built this team when George got suspended from baseball for 2 years. Gene "stick" Michael took over and didn't trade the farm for over the hill former stars, he build that chmpionship team. The Cashman becomes the GM, they start winning championships snd it omg omg Cashman is a great GM, lets keep him forever.

Cashman has given credit to both his predecessor, Stick and Bob Watson.

Yanks sign Tommy Kahnle for two years at roughly $5.5M per. With his injury history and age, I am surprised he received that much.

Now let’s reel in Judge and Rondon!!!

Excuse me?

Agree 100% but let's not forget the stabilizing and professionalizing influence of the current mets manager.

Back