Women Playing NJIT

redmannorth

Staff member
2023 $upporter Moderator
And winning 48-35 late in the game.
Would be a tougher game than normal as Center Mary M will not be playing as a result of an injury.
The injury bug is hitting this team hard.
I saw that Amber Thomson is having her best game of the season with 12 points and 11 boards.

As mentioned on another thread I hope to be able to post good news on the recruiting front very soon.

Final score 55 -37.
Only thing poor was our free throw shooting. There is certainly room for improvement there as I believe the ladies were 13 of 24.

great win! anyword on the transfers?

Harold37 as I mentioned at the end of my first post in this thread I hope to be able to post news in the very near future on possible transfers to SJU's Women's program. Lets all keep our fingers crossed.

On 2 other positive notes, I forgot to mention/post that Aliyah Hannford was named the Big East Freshman of the week last week and our other highly ranked freshman Sandra Udobi played 21 minutes last night in Mary's absence and had 9 boards along with 3 points. The 9 boards is excellent in the short period of time that she played. Hopefully she will continue to progress at this tough level.

Very uneven year. This win comes after the loss to "juggernaut" Quinnipiac. Record stands at very mediocre 5 and 5

Very uneven year. This win comes after the loss to "juggernaut" Quinnipiac. Record stands at very mediocre 5 and 5

Record is now 6 and 5.
We all want better but as fans I hope we can all understand the opening game loss to Texas who is now ranked in the top 20 since we played without Shennika and Nadirah. As for the losses to BU and Quinnipac, both of whom have great records, we were missing Eugenia who is out for the season after tearing her ACL. Eugenia was our third leading scorer and the glue of the team, a leader on and off the floor whose presence is greatly missed.
No shame in the loss to top 15 UCLA with 1 second left in overtime, and again without Eugenia.
Had our girls been healthy we would be an impressive 9-2 at a minimum.

Sorry but every team suffers injuries. team will have to adjust to the personnel on hand. Cannot fold up the tents and waste a season because of injury-may have injuries every year. Good programs overcome them and i hope we are one of them.

Sorry but every team suffers injuries. team will have to adjust to the personnel on hand. Cannot fold up the tents and waste a season because of injury-may have injuries every year. Good programs overcome them and i hope we are one of them.

I don't know how many teams can overcome injuries to top players. Nobody said to fold up the tents and waste the season but there is reality.
While we are deeper than before a great number of our players are still underclassmen and lack pt and experience.
Amanda would have helped this season with Eugenia's injury but that is water under the bridge.

Back