Women Beat Texas A & M

redmannorth

Staff member
2023 $upporter Moderator
A few minutes earlier at the Garden in the Maggie Dixon Classic in honour of the late Maggie Dixon, the former coach of Army and sister of Jamie Dixon.
This was a huge win for the ladies who lost two games last weekend at CA. Texas A&M is a team that had been ranked until this week.
I did not get to see the game and the box score is not yet out but we were tied at 70 with 17 seconds left. I hope the fans in attendance had a great time.
Today was the first game that transfers Denejia Grant and Selina Archer could play and I assume that each of these two major talents contributed to the win.
Lets hope this major victory, clearly the biggest of the year to date, propels this young team back in the winning direction. :) :) :)

A few minutes earlier at the Garden in the Maggie Dixon Classic in honour of the late Maggie Dixon, the former coach of Army and sister of Jamie Dixon.
This was a huge win for the ladies who lost two games last weekend at CA. Texas A&M is a team that had been ranked until this week.
I did not get to see the game and the box score is not yet out but we were tied at 70 with 17 seconds left. I hope the fans in attendance had a great time.
Today was the first game that transfers Denejia Grant and Selina Archer could play and I assume that each of these two major talents contributed to the win.
Lets hope this major victory, clearly the biggest of the year to date, propels this young team back in the winning direction. :) :) :)

I watched most of it, good crowd.
Transfer from Clemson hit a huge hoop ((her only basket) with about a minute left.
Handford with a great drive to win it.

Thanks Tom , I can't get the game up in Canada. We will need big production from both Grant and Handford if we are to return to the big dance for a fifth year in a row. 1 game at a time is all we can do at present and this was a huge W for the team on their resume.

Thanks Tom but it does not work in Canada on my internet provider.

I see from the box score that ESPN has now posted that star Aliyah Handford had 27 points and 5 boards as she is back where she should be among the leading scorers in the nation while Eugenia played 32 minutes and had 14. Eugenia's pt cut seriously into that of freshman Aliyyah Lewis who only played 14 minutes. Denejia Grant had 6 off the bench and Selina Archer got in for 7 minutes. Sophomore Sandra Odobi was given a very rare start, perhaps her first ever, and she went for 6 points. Perhaps Joey T was shaking up the roster to send a message, which did work. Good Move Joe. 11 ladies in all played this morning and most contributed to this very key win as they took an important step back to where this team wants to be.

I watched the game. Awesome win!!
Game was hotly contested throughout the second half but we hung in there
Handford played a great game
I was very impressed with Grant. Looks like she will be a great addition
Eugenia played vey well at the point and hit a couple of huge clutch baskets
Lewis is a nice sparkplug off the bench
Thompson did some nice things inside
We need to learn how to break a full court press
Some of our "bigs" (Odobi, Walker and Archer) look too big and out of shape to me
They looked like they had trouble keeping up with the fast pace of the game

Back