Women Beat Iona

redmannorth

Staff member
2023 $upporter Moderator
Badly tonight in their home opener at CA 78-48. Iona is a very good team that beat Arizona a few days ago.
Coach Joey T only has 8 healthy players at present and picked up 2 walkons this week to help at practice.
Sophomore sensation Aliyah Handford had 32 points tonight and 9 boards, I said 32 points. I wonder if that is a school record? The kid is just great and keeps getting better. She had 25 in their opener on Friday with 13 boards. Briana had 13, sophomore Ashley Perez had 7 and 4 assists and thank g-d Amber Thompson played ( she twisted her ankle on Friday night past against Sacred Heart ) and she had 8 and 8. Freshman Aliyah Lewis started her second game at the point and had another solid showing with 4 points and 6 assists. I am not sure she was slated to start but with Eugenia not yet playing our little freshwoman (5 5 ) continues to shine, get great experience and lead our young team to victory.
Hopefully star freshman Jade Walker (6 1 ) can play soon and we all pray for Eugenia to get better.
Great job by the staff in a very tough situation. :)

Back