Women Beat Delaware

redmannorth

Staff member
2023 $upporter Moderator
61-58 a half hour ago at Delaware to go to 8-4 on the season while Delaware drops to 8-3. :p
There is no box score posted as of yet so I have no clue as to who played well and who did not and I was unable to watch the game in Canada.
If you recall last year Delaware beat the ladies at CA on a last second shot by super star Elena Della Donne with .7 of a second left in overtime so this is key pay back for the ladies who must put together a good winning streak if they are to make the NCAA Tournament for the fifth year in a row. It is certainly possible but each and every game is key following the two losses at home in their own Chartwell Tournament three weekends past. Those were games we should not have lost :(
Anyway this is the third consecutive good outing the ladies have had and hopefully it will continue.

I see that Junior center amber Thompson had 14 points and 15 boards , 10 of them on the offensive glass to lead the team to victory. Aliyyah Handford also had a strong game with 13 points. Seniors Briana Brown and Keylantra Langley were key in leading the team to victory. Freshman Jade Walker who continues to improve, she missed the first four or five games with injury , had a season high eight points. Keep it up ladies. I like it very much that we have so many different weapons and that so many different players contribute on this team that has the potential to be very good.

Thanks for the updates and insight, North.

My pleasure.
Go to basketball.ca and look at the women's junior national team I believe. Two of the top players are from Montreal. One is not playing this season due to ACL injury. Staff flew to Phoenix last week to watch their program play in the Nike Tournament of Champions. They will be offering both girls in due course. Just not sure what class they will be in because of the different system here in Quebec. They are both excellent and their program is just fantastic. Outside of CIA Bounce they are probably the best funded program in Canada and have the best female high school program in Quebec. Their athletic director was showing me 13 year old 6 feet girls 4 weeks ago that he believesin time will make the national team. They are the equivalent of Christ the King or Murray Bergtraum but in Montreal.
Incidentally one of the girls fathers livesin NY/NJ which can only help the staff.

Thanks for the updates and insight, North.

My pleasure.
Go to basketball.ca and look at the women's junior national team I believe. Two of the top players are from Montreal. One is not playing this season due to ACL injury. Staff flew to Phoenix last week to watch their program play in the Nike Tournament of Champions. They will be offering both girls in due course. Just not sure what class they will be in because of the different system here in Quebec. They are both excellent and their program is just fantastic. Outside of CIA Bounce they are probably the best funded program in Canada and have the best female high school program in Quebec. Their athletic director was showing me 13 year old 6 feet girls 4 weeks ago that he believesin time will make the national team. They are the equivalent of Christ the King or Murray Bergtraum but in Montreal.
Incidentally one of the girls fathers livesin NY/NJ which can only help the staff.

Impressive. It will be nice to see some Canadian content on the roster...

Back