Why College Football Should Be Banned

I will probably earn a "Stick in the Mud" or some such award but two thumbs up...couldn't agree more. :nerd:

I don't understand the popularity of football, at any level. All I see is people running into each other. I don't watch any of it. 

I don't understand the popularity of football, at any level. All I see is people running into each other. I don't watch any of it. 
You sound like my wife and that is not a good thing when it comes to sports because she hates them all, well maybe she will watch a good fight (boxing). Some people say about basketball-who cares about throwing a ball through a hoop. To each his own I guess. Only sport I won't ever watch is auto racing which coincidentally is the only one my bro-in-law does watch (visits to his house when a good game is on is torture). 

This article is just dumb. Every argument he made about banning college football could easily be made about any college sport there is. You could use the argument that football is dangerous and could potentially lead to injury, which is true. But are any of the other sports really that much safer?? If you think yes, perhaps you should maybe give DJ Kennedy and Buster Posey a call.

This article is just dumb. Every argument he made about banning college football could easily be made about any college sport there is. You could use the argument that football is dangerous and could potentially lead to injury, which is true. But are any of the other sports really that much safer?? If you think yes, perhaps you should maybe give DJ Kennedy and Buster Posey a call.

Football is so much more expensive to run. 75+ athletes, coaching staffs of 20 or more, plus the stadiums are expensive. Which I think fits with his larger point. But I agree, the injury argument didn't fit with the rest of the article.

Back