Where are they now - Ed Manetta

I always liked Manetta. I thought the Jarvis hire was great at the time...I don't see how anyone could have thought otherwise.

I remember watching interviews Manetta when I was in middle school and high school and being very impressed. He was probably the main reason I wanted to become an ahtletic director.

I always liked Manetta. I thought the Jarvis hire was great at the time...I don't see how anyone could have thought otherwise.

I remember watching interviews Manetta when I was in middle school and high school and being very impressed. He was probably the main reason I wanted to become an ahtletic director.

He's currently my professor for one of my sports management classes lol 

Edit: didn't mean to quote you lol just meant to reply to the thread

Did Manetta leave for a better deal in the private non university sector? or Did he leave SJU because of FH? 

Did Manetta leave for a better deal in the private non university sector? or Did he leave SJU because of FH? 

There was some friction. I actually thought he didn't get along with Jarvis. Maybe that came about over time.
He started his own company when he left.

I wanted Jay Wright. Oh well.

I wanted Jay Wright. Oh well.

Wright's car was warming up in his garage and he was ready to sign on as our next coach. If not for that last minute negotiation breakdown between Jarvis and Jordan, he would have been the Wizards coach, and Wright would have been at SJU. It was no secret, Wright was warming up his car ready to drive to Queens. What could have been.

I know Manetta was the AD when Jarvis was hired, but I remember reading or hearing, at the time, that it was fr. Harrington and Louie who pushed for it. I believe Manetta had a big issue with Jarvis' agent and his twenty plus demands during the negotiations. Wright, Hewitt or McKillop would have been superior and less expensive hires. 

Back